20+ Ancient Museum Exhibits That Exist in a Single Copy
It’s impossible to count how many museums there are in the world, not to mention the number of exhibits they have. For example, the Louvre Museum has more than 380,000 various items in their collection. But some exhibits exist only as a single piece and we would like to show you some of them. For example, the Megalodon tooth that got stuck in a whale’s vertebrae, a 3,500-year-old wig, the skeleton of a centaur, and other unusual things.
Bright Side wants to take you on a small excursion to look at 20+ of the rarest museum exhibits.
1. Wig made of human hair (circa 1543–1292 BC)
2. A megalodon tooth stuck in a whale vertebrae
3. The flag of the Spanish warship San Ildenfonso, which fought against the British fleet led by Nelson at the battle of Trafalgar (1805)
4. A human skeleton riding a horse skeleton
5. A centaur skeleton displayed at a wildlife museum
6. An Ancient Roman trephine — a hole saw used in surgery to cut out a circle of tissue or bone.
7. This collection of broken off statue noses and ears
8. One of the oldest diving suits (18th century)
9. Antique multipurpose tool from Nuremberg (16th century)
10. Foldable portable globe (1852)
11. Salt-cellar in the form of a hexahedral architectural construction, France (1550-1570)
12. Tutankhamun’s sandals
13. A wine vessel in the shape of a Rhino from the Han Dynasty, China (approximately 3rd −1st centuries B.C.)
14. The oldest known Monopoly board (1930)
15. 1700-year-old wool tunic found in a melting glacier in south Norway
16. Someone at this museum has a sense of humor.
17. “Devil’s Work” ball with 14 movable balls made of one piece of ivory, Qing Dynasty (19th century)
18. Helmet in the form of a sea conch shell (1618)
19. The oldest known globe to depict the Americas made on the lower halves of 2 ostrich eggs (1504)
20. Blue Whale skeleton in the Natural History Museum in London
21. 400-year-old silk dress with a floral design recovered from a shipwreck in the Netherlands
Which of these exhibits surprised you most of all? Please tell us about it in the comments!
Preview photo credit reddit