20 Intriguing Facts Proving That the Human Body Is Amazing
The longer mankind lives, the more secrets people discover about one of the most mysterious organisms: the human body. We mostly learn facts we never expected. The more facts we gather about ourselves, the more discoveries we want to make.
Bright Side would love to present you with some surprising facts you might never have guessed!
1. While pregnant, your body is more stretchy.
2. The world's "most shredded" man shows our body's capabilities.
3. We are the only species to produce emotional tears.
4. One of the strongest muscles in the human body is the tongue.
5. Our pupils dilate when we look at someone we like.
6. Babies are mostly born with blue eyes.
8. You sneeze at 160 km/h.
9. Your body is made up of about 7 octillion atoms (that’s 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 atoms).
10. Frowning uses 43 muscles in your body...
11. ...and a smile takes only 17 muscles.
13. While you're sleeping, your brain produces enough electrical signals to light a small bulb.
14. The human eye can recognize about 10 million different colors.
15. If you try to convey any emotion with your facial expressions, you'll feel it for real.
16. Astronauts can gain about 2" (5 cm) while in space.
17. To take a step, you use 200 muscles.
18. A human being can survive for 5-10 minutes without oxygen, but then the brain cells will start dying.
19. The longest pregnancy among humans was 375 days (12.5 months).
20. A person can survive for 2 months without food.
Let your friends know more about themselves! Do you know more unbelievable facts about our body? Please share them with us in the comments!