20+ Things That Are So Awfully Big, It’s Inappropriate
To evaluate the size of an object, we need to compare it with something. In theory, we all know that whale sharks are huge or that giant sequoias can be way taller than skyscrapers. But no words can be as persuasive as the real photos that make us feel like bugs living on this enormously big planet.
Bright Side has always been amazed by the wonders of our planet and we can’t stop sharing our emotions with you. At the end of the article, you’ll find a cute bonus: a cat that feels like a grain of sand too.
1. An alligator snapping turtle is hibernating under a sheet of frozen ice. These reptiles can be 4’2’’ in length and weight up to 132 lbs.
2. Kurobe Dam in Tateyama Town, Japan, makes people feel like ants.
3. This is Samson. According to his owner, his height is 6’2’’.
4. A bison named Boston gets bloodwork and gets tagged. He weighs about 3,000 lbs.
5. These tiny dots at the bottom of the photo are Bedouin nomads crossing the Wadi Rum Desert in Jordan.
6. This girl is sitting on top of the Abraj Al Bait. A Reddit user admitted that simply looking at this picture makes his legs tremble and “do that jelly thing.”
7. Workers are standing in front of an Airbus A380 tail.
8. This is Queen Mary 2, a British transatlantic ocean liner, and its captain.
9. The oldest door still in use in Rome
10. The Triceratops femur is on the left, the African elephant’s leg is on the right, and a research fellow is lying between them.
11. The giant Chinese salamander
12. A moose on the road
13. King Alfred’s Tower in the UK and a tiny human standing near it
14. This is the Atlas moth. These moths don’t eat at all (they don’t even have a mouth) and live off the nutrients they accumulated in the caterpillar stage.
15. The Statue of Unity in India is the biggest statue in the world. It’s 787 ft tall if we include its base.
16. Astronaut Bruce McCandless became the first human who went into outer space “free-flying.”
17. This bouquet could be called: “I’m sorry, dear! I cheated on you with all of your friends.”
18. This is Tianjin Binhai Library. If you don’t believe your eyes, you’re right. The books on the top shelves aren’t real — they’re just stickers.
19. It looks like this giant whale shark is going to bite the boat. But these sharks are actually real cuties who don’t eat humans.
20. Salt mines in Iran
21. It turns out an adult man can easily stand in the submarine missile launch tubes.
22. You’ll have to scroll down the page to see a man at the foot of this sequoia.
Bonus #1: Some people can also be huge.
Actress Kristin Chenoweth (her height is 4’9’’) and basketball player Boban Maryanovich (his height is 7’3’’)
The Lithuanian Public Security Officer Eligius Ruskis (his height is 6’7’’) next to the President of the country and other public figures.
Bonus #2: This cat feels like a grain of sand in this big and scary world.
The rusty-spotted cat is the tiniest cat in the world. It weighs less than 2 lbs and is 1.5–2 times smaller than our domesticated feline friends.
Have you ever seen something really enormous? Share your emotions and pictures in the comments.