23 Marvelous Things We Longed For as Kids, and Now We Can Get Them
Do you remember dreaming about what you’d do when you grew up? You’d eat pounds of sweets and bubble gum all the time, have all the toys, no prohibitions, and complete freedom. But only very few people can enjoy these simple things when they are adults. This article is about such people.
Bright Side has collected photos from the lives of adult people who, fortunately, still live like children.
23. “I can finally afford this!”
22. “Just got a new job working with Legos. My childhood dream realized — thought I’d share some photos.”
21. A staircase with a slide — everybody’s childhood dream!
20. “This is me and my new airplane. Flew it home yesterday and am still pinching myself!”
19. “Best impulse buy I’ve ever made!”
18. “In 1995 my great-aunt gave me a stuffed cat. It was my absolute favorite and I slept with it every night throughout my childhood. When she passed, we found out she had bought an identical cat and kept it in pristine condition for 2 decades. The years of love certainly left their mark.”
17. A Coca-Cola dispenser in a home kitchen
16. “Goldeneye 64 Watch Face. A childhood dream has come true!”
15. “Adulthood means getting a cake for no reason.”
14. “Never had one as a kid. Today is my birthday and my girlfriend made a childhood dream come true.”
13. “I thought we were supposed to have grown up by the time we got to college. I’m glad we haven’t.”
12. “Realizing a childhood dream tonight that I never knew I had.”
11. “Because I’m an adult, that’s why!”
10. “It was my childhood dream to own and play the piano. 28 years later this is what life had in store for me.”
9. “Childhood dreams coming true...a Weasley sweater!”
8. “I decided that being an adult was overrated...”
7. “I recently came into some money and decided to go to the Lego store and make a childhood dream come true.”
6. “We’re adults and we get to decide what that means.”
5. “Now I have this watch.”
4. “My boyfriend ordered 500 googly eyes for ’reasons’ and this is one of the first things he did.”
3. “Caught my husband red-handed...thought he was working out.”
2. “My brother really wanted to swim with his turtle.”
1. “I’m 62 years old and my favorite place at home is the trampoline room.”
Tell us about your childhood dreams in the comment section below.