24 Unwritten Rules That Deserve to Be Real Laws
Do you also wonder how people can watch a video on the bus without headphones? Or do you want your colleagues to stop heating up stinky fish in the office microwave? If everyone remembered about these little things, it would be much easier to communicate with people. For example, a Reddit user posted the question, “What is one ’unwritten rule’ you think everyone should know and follow?” And there are enough replies to make an entire book!
We at Bright Side looked through hundreds of replies and were so amazed by some of them that we made a compilation of the most popular ones. Perhaps you already follow some of them!
- Do not swipe left or right if someone shows you a photo on their phone.
- Don’t propose at someone else’s wedding.
If you’re borrowing it for the third time, you need one of your own.
If you have to cancel on a friend, it should be your responsibility to reschedule.
Do not heat up fish in the office cafeteria.
- Do not point out flaws in someone’s physical appearance.
- Don’t let your friends drink and drive. Call an Uber for them. Do it for other people too.
- Don’t say, “When are you due?” to women you barely know. They might not even be pregnant.
- Don’t leave your shopping cart in the middle of a grocery store aisle.
- If you’re going to listen to music, videos, or anything else on your phone that requires sound and isn’t a phone call, either wait until you get home or invest in some headphones.
- When driving a car, don’t be nice, be predictable. People being nice leads to a shitload of accidents.
- Be kind to strangers, because the world is a cruel place, and you never know what others have been through.
- If someone asks you a question, finish what you’re saying with, “what about you?”
- Give people their personal space. Not everyone wants to snuggle a stranger.
- Don’t ask for something if the person only has one left (gum, cigarettes, a piece of cake, etc.).
- If someone does something that makes them happy and confident, and it doesn’t hurt them or anyone else (animals included), then leave them alone and let them do their thing. Let them be happy.
- Do I need to say this? Do I need to say this now? Does it have to be me who says that? If you answered, “yes” to all these questions, go ahead, and say it.
- There are 2 people in your life you NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES LIE TO. Your doctor and your lawyer.
- Buy a plunger before you need a plunger.
- Do not tell a woman without makeup that she looks tired or sick.
- If I didn’t ask for your advice, don’t be surprised that I don’t take it seriously.
- Get vaccinated.
- Don’t talk about Fight Club.
What are other unwritten rules that you think should become laws? Share your answers in the comment section below.