30+ Creative Ways to Reuse Old Things That You Planned to Throw Away
According to recent statics, each one of us produces 1.5 pounds of waste every day. And since our planet is going through a huge crisis, everyone is starting to be more involved in trying to save it. They collect trash from various places and create new things with stuff they no longer can find a use for. Upcycling is the latest trend and it’s taking us all by surprise.
Bright Side wants to show you some inspiring ideas that people shared on social media where they upcycled old items into completely new ones. Stay tuned until the end to see a cool way an artist upcycled a VW Beetle.
1. You can repurpose your old bicycles into an outdoor flower pot.
2. You can put your old guitars up on the wall for display and turn them into shelves.
3. This is a great way to upcycle your old vinyl records in your kitchen.
4. You can turn old books you’re no longer using into cute succulent plant holders for your office.
5. This brilliant way to repurpose corkscrews by turning them into a cool pinboard
6. If you have some old lightbulbs, you can attach some bottle caps to them and turn them into cute salt and pepper shakers.
7. Use old books as a vintage knife block for your kitchen.
8. You can turn your old TV into a vintage-looking alcohol cabinet for your living room.
9. Turn your old socks into beverage warmers on-the-go.
10. Turn an old coffee table upside down, add some pillows to the empty space, and you’ve got yourself a comfy little bed for your pets!
11. You can even create a comfy bed for your puppy by upcycling some old tires.
12. If you have a chipped coffee mug, you can place some bamboo canes inside of it and put it in your garden to help your little bee friends.
13. Help eliminate landfills by turning your old binder rings into key hangers.
14. You can also transform an old suitcase into a stand for your living room.
15. You can create your own couch and coffee table by stacking a few wooden pallets and adding a few cushions on top.
16. Since doors have so much wood on them, why not turn them into furniture for your home, like a desk?
17. If you have an old toolbox, why not use it as a pot for your succulents?
18. For an alternative style, you can upcycle some skateboards into shelves for your house.
19. Tin cans can be transformed into amazing vintage-looking succulent pots.
20. You can turn old toys into a cool picture frame.
21. You can even use your vinyl records as retro table mats!
22. How to reuse old pipes:
23. You can transform a guitar case into a jewelry closet.
24. A rolling pin hook rack for your kitchen can transform the whole room.
25. If you’re replacing your home’s windows, you can use the old ones to build a greenhouse in your garden.
26. An awesome way to transform your kitchen lamps using colanders
27. You can repurpose a few piano keys into awesome key holders.
28. You can turn a ladder into a cool shelving unit for your books, plants, and any other decor in your house.
29. If you’re able to cut a few glass bottles in half, you can use them as plates for your snacks.
30. For those broken chairs you were thinking of throwing away, why not upcycle them into a plant pot for your garden?
31. Those IKEA bags that we all have stashed away at home can be transformed into pretty much anything!
BONUS: Sculptor Ichwan Noor took a 1953 VW Beetle, repurposed it, and turned it into a sphere for his art project.
Which of these ideas did you like the most? Have you ever considered upcycling? We would love to hear your opinion in the comments.