15 Movie Details That Actors and Directors Put Their Hearts Into, and We Didn’t Even Notice
Across all Hollywood studio movies, the average time between the first announcement and eventual release date is 871 days. During this time, the teams are trying to not only create a good film but also fill it with references, and interesting details. Regular viewers might not even notice them but the fans definitely will.
Bright Side decided to discover the interesting details hidden in popular films which might make you want to watch them again.
- During the shooting of Split, in the scene with multiple personalities talking to each other, James McAvoy hit his fist on a metal door and broke his hand. He didn’t say a thing about his injury for 3 working days. In one of the episodes, you can even see his swollen hand.
- In Spider-Man (2002) Peter Parker was bitten by a radioactive spider that gave him his superpowers. 5 years later, in Spider-Man 3, the creators didn’t forget to add this important detail in the form of a scar in the same spot.
- In the new Aladdin film, the magic carpet of the main character is building a castle made of sand that looks exactly like the famous Disney palace.
- Did you pay attention to the watch of the main character in the John Wick series? The most attentive viewers actually noticed that during the most dynamic scenes, John wears it on the inside part of the wrist. People in the military wear this accessory like this: this gives them the ability to check the time with a weapon in their hands and solves the problem of being blinded by its reflection.
- In the beginning of the first John Wick film, the main character drives a car into a small airport. The guard that let him through was reading Shibumi, a book about a retired killer that once killed a person with a pencil. The character in the book actually reminds us of John himself, but he killed 3 enemies at the same time with a pencil.
- The creators of Kingsman: The Golden Circle work with the eyepatch on one of the character’s faces in a really interesting way. In the scene with the puppy, Harry didn’t notice the weapon until Eggsy started talking and Harry turned to the gun with his healthy eye.
- In Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Willy Wonka only had enough seats for him and 8 guests in the boat. This means that all the previous disappearances of children were not accidents, they were perfectly choreographed by the factory owner.
- Do you remember the squirrels from this film? Instead of using CGI, the creators spent 19 weeks training real animals to sit on a chair, peel nuts, and put them on an assembly line.
- In Avengers: Endgame, the creators didn’t forget to add fingerprints on Hulk’s glasses, which would definitely be there in real life because the surface is black and shiny.
- In the 103rd minute of Black Panther, a ship glides over the sky that looks like the Black Panther mask from below.
- The famous astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson criticized the scene from Titanic where Rose is looking at the night sky after the tragedy. He said that the position of the stars was completely wrong there. Director James Cameron heard the scientists and edited the stars in the 3-D remake of the film. It was the only scene that was completely changed.
- In Inception, the character Ariadne, played by Ellen Page, had her hear in a tight bun during the 2nd level of sleep. She did that because there was a scene with zero gravity in the hotel and the creators didn’t want to have to work on the motion of her hair.
- The creators of Ant-Man and the Wasp decided to leave a reference to The Matrix. In one of the scenes, to the right of Laurence Fishburne’s head (who played Morpheus in the legendary trilogy), you can see a part of the original name of the film — Matrix.
- In Brave, the third arrow Merida shoots with during an archery competition, leaves a tiny scratch on her cheek.
- A piece of debris left from an Asgard mural in Thor: Ragnarok predicts that Thor will lose his eye in the fight with Hela.
What was the last film you saw? Did you notice any interesting details in it?
Preview photo credit Split / Blinding Edge Pictures