18 Facts About “13 Going on 30” We Didn’t See Coming
13 Going on 30 has been one of the most rented romantic comedies on DVD around. The film raised several million dollars at the box office, and this year it’ll be 15 years since its premiere.
Bright Side gathered some interesting facts about the movie so that you can remember the good old days. Enjoy!
18. The actresses who play Lucy and Jenna are good friends in real life.
17. Christa B. Allen, who played the teenage Jennifer Garner, confessed that the most embarrassing scene to film was the one where she had to fill her bra with tissues.
16. Sean Marquette, the actor who played the teenage version of Matt’s character, had to wear baggy clothes while shooting.
15. But according to the director, he still had to look even more “uncomfortable” because he looked too “modern.”
14. Ashley Benson, who played Hannah in Pretty Little Liars, and Brie Larson, the famous Captain Marvel, made appearances in the 1980s scenes. They were part of the popular group.
13. Christa B. Allen was hired only because the first candidate didn’t please audiences. In the end, it all worked out and Jennifer Garner asked the girl to work in the movie My Super Ex-Girlfriend 5 years later.
12. Gary Winick, the film’s director, didn’t want to film the scene where Jenna had a sleepover. Later on, he admitted it was one of the best parts of the movie.
11. When teenage Jenna goes into her closet hoping to kiss a boy, you can see real photos of Jennifer Garner’s childhood.
10. At 31, Jennifer Garner had to live with a teenager to get to know how adolescents behaved so she could copy them while filming.
9. There was great chemistry between Mark Ruffalo and Jennifer Garner — that’s why most of their scenes were improvised.
8. If you pay attention, you’ll realize that the moment Jenna turns 30 is the exact moment when the movie gets to 13 minutes.
7. The picture of Madonna in teenage Jenna’s room appears twice. The difference is that in the second appearance, it seems to have an autograph.
6. Similarly, we can see an article from Poise that Jenna read as a teenager reappear in her apartment, only this time it’s an adult version of it.
5. It’s well known that writers think in detail about what each character’s costume can reveal about their personality. So to show that Jenna was cheerful, she would wear colorful clothing. Lucy, on the other hand, used darker tones that are usually associated with villains.
4. Christa B. Allen, then 12, asked Jennifer Garner for advice on how to make it as an actress. Garner told her to keep a life off the camera. Devoting all her time to her career would mean that she wouldn’t be able to have real-life experiences, and how could she play a real character then?
3. It was challenging to shoot in New York because photographers and fans were ecstatic to see them wherever they went.
2. Jennifer Garner received 3 million dollars for her appearance in the film.
1. Other actresses such as Hilary Swank, Renée Zellweger, and Gwyneth Paltrow were also considered to portray the leading role.
What do you think about these fun facts? Did you already know about these details? Be sure to share your answers with the community in the comment section! 😉
Preview photo credit 13 Going on 30/ Revolution Studios