20 Popular Movies That Have Bizarre Titles in Other Countries
If you love watching movies you must know that going to the cinema in a different country could be quite the experience. You might be surprised to find out that some films have much, much different and odd title translations than the ones we all know. For example, Ghostbusters is called Super Power Dare Die Team in China and Water Boy is Dimwit Surges Forth in Thailand!
Bright Side made a list of 20 of the best, funniest, and strangest movie title translations you’ll ever see. Oh, and by the way, all these are great to watch!
1. In Poland, The Terminator is translated to The Electronic Murderer.
2. In Germany, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story is translated to Full of Nuts.
3. In China, Finding Nemo is translated to General Mobilization Under The Sea.
4. In Thailand, Water Boy is translated to Dimwit Surges Forth.
5. In Denmark, Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory is translated to The Boy Who Drowned in Chocolate.
6. In Japan, Due Date is translated to Odd Couple, Wacky Trip, Go Together In Time for Birth.
7. In Italy, The Producers is translated as Please, Do Not Touch the Old Women.
8. In China, Pretty Woman is translated to I Will Marry a Prostitute to Save Money.
9. In China, As Good As It Gets is translated to Mr. Cat Poop.
10. In Thailand, Drive Angry is translated to Super Speeding Cleaning Evil Accounts.
11. In China, G. I. Jane is translated to Satan Female Soldier.
12. In the Czech Republic, Bad Santa is translated to Santa Is A Pervert.
13. In the Philippines, Never Been Kissed is translated to Because She Is Ugly.
14. In Israel, Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs is translated to It’s Raining Falafel.
15. In France, Home Alone is translated to Mom, I Missed the Plane.
16. In China, Guardians of the Galaxy is translated to Interplanetary Unusual Attacking Team.
17. In Italy, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is translated to If You Leave, I Delete You.
18. In Spain, 101 Dalmatians is translated to The Night of the Cold Noses.
19. In Spain, The Pacifier is translated as A Super Tough Kangaroo.
20. In China, Ghostbusters is translated to Super Power Dare Die Team.
Do you know of any other weird title translations? Make sure to share them with the rest of us, alongside some of your favorite movie recommendations!
Preview photo credit IMBd