10 Hilarious Quotes Proving the Royal Family Has a Great Sense of Humor
The Windsor royal family is, for many, a veritable standard of British haughtiness. However, the lords and ladies are just like us: they love a good joke and often make fun of themselves.
Today Bright Side has collected the most hilarious examples of the royal family’s sense of humor.
1. Just before Kate Middleton gave birth to her great-grandson, Queen Elizabeth had joked,
2. When asked why they were late, Kate Middleton replied,
"William had to do his hair."
3. After the birth of his first grandson, Prince Charles was asked if he was happy to be a grandfather. Here’s what he answered:
4. This is how Prince William characterized his wife’s culinary talent:
"Kate’s cooking is the reason I’m so skinny."
5. Prince Charles once had to congratulate a beauty queen of England, and here’s how he started his speech:
"Father told me that if I ever met a lady in a dress like yours, I must look her straight in the eyes."
6. At the 2012 London Marathon, Prince Harry promised that William and Kate would run the next one. When in 2013 he was asked where his brother and his wife were, he said,
7. And this is what Prince Philip thinks of the rules of etiquette:
"When a man opens a car door for his wife, it’s either a new car or a new wife."
8. When asked what he learned from growing up, Prince William said,
9. Before one of his trips to the USA, Prince Harry said,
"Every time I get to meet kids and they have been told a real-life prince is coming, the disappointment on their faces when they see me without a crown or a cape..."
10. Visiting an Australian university, Queen Elizabeth and her husband, Prince Philip, were introduced to Mr. and Dr. Robinson. He noticed the wife was a PhD, and her title was much more important than his, to which Prince Philip replied,
"Ah, yes, we have that trouble in our family too."