20 People Who Don’t Mind Getting Their Hands Dirty to Make Our Planet a Better Place
When it seems that things in the world aren’t going well, there always comes a special person who has the power to prove to us that everything can be better if we really put our minds to it. An example of this can be seen in the volunteers who, without asking for anything in return, collect garbage from the places that need to be cleaned without ever being asked.
Bright Side wants to raise awareness of the importance of those who don’t wait for the world to go on as usual. Instead, these people use their sharp minds and hard-working hands to clean our planet that needs it so badly.
1. “This man in Mysore (India) didn’t allow people to throw garbage in the river by standing on a bridge from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.”
2. “2 bags of garbage from Pirate’s Hill”
3. “We call our efforts ’Trash Fishing.’ Today, I caught some Detroit water snakes (some kind of fan belts).”
4. “A quick trash pick-up before a beach walk. The bin wasn’t even that far away!”
5. “Detrashing the park with some friendly deer!”
6. “Still ugly but better...”
7. “Cleaning Jimmy Hendrix in Seattle”
8. “First time cleaning up trash with my friend along the track we run on for cross country.”
9. “Some days, you have to deal with the fact that you can’t always pick up all the trash.”
10. “Detrashed a river!”
11. A bit of hard work can go a long way when it comes to cleaning up a neighborhood!
12. “I thoroughly believe that you can’t just go for the treasures, you have to get the trash too! It doesn’t take that much extra effort and it can make a world of difference if everyone did it just a little!”
13. “Beach cleanups are my favorite.”
14. “My little cleanup buddy trying to set a good example for the next generation”
15. “Before and after my friend, RJ, and I cleaned up a hill and stream”
16. “Gotta get the harder-to-see places too!”
17. “Recently, an 800-lb tire was hauled out of a flood plain and delivered to a local school who will upcycle it into a planter!”
18. “Over 100 bottle caps were collected in a 1-hour beach clean!”
19. “Spent an hour detrashing an off-road area in Kuwait.”
20. “DeTrashed for the turtles today with Sea Turtle Conservancy’s Tour de Turtles Race 2020 (5K in my neighborhood picking up trash along the way)!”
What do you do with the garbage you generate? Do you think your habits as a consumer are sustainable? Let us know in the comments!