20+ People Who Showed Us the Power of Being Alive
An amputee tattoo artist, Batman rescuing animals from euthanasia, a tennis champion in a wheelchair, a 96 year old artist that saved a whole village — these fascinating people and their results prove that our power has absolutely no limits.
Bright Side is convinced that stories like this are so life-affirming, that they encourage others to never give up and shine bright like a diamond, no matter what. So scroll down for a whole lot of inspiration!
1. Stephanie is a 5 time cancer survivor and a happy mom!
2. One arm and one amazing sense of humor!
3. 96-year-old former soldier that stopped the government from demolishing his home village by painting houses!
4. “Today, I am officially 10 years cancer free! Here is a before and after photo to show how far I’ve come.”
5. “Almost 3 years after being diagnosed with breast cancer and way too many trips to the hospital, my mom is cancer-free and she and I did our first Olympic Triathlon together yesterday!”
6. This 89-year-old woman knitted over 450 blankets for shelter dogs!
7. A girl that successfully recovered from childhood cancer returns to the same hospital as a nurse 20 years later!
8. Tessa’s leg was amputated when she was 11, today she’s a successful model, wife, and mother of 2.
9. An 89-year-old grandma visiting all 61 national parks in America
10. A 6-year-old boy has convinced over 800 people to adopt shelter dogs by helping at a local shelter.
11. Claudia survived 6 brain surgeries and now she’s studying medicine to become a doctor and save others.
12. A wheelchair doesn’t stop a true athlete!
13. A missing leg is no excuse for not exercising, not traveling, and not enjoying life!
14. This guy dresses up as Batman, rescues stray animals from euthanasia, and finds them new homes.
15. Real-life Tarzan, Kody Antle, helps his father save wild animals.
16. Trying on heels for the first time with my leg prosthesis.
17. A Schnauzer dog that survived an earthquake is pulled out of the rubble by rescuers in Mexico City.
18. Derrick Campana, an animal orthotist, has saved over 20,000 animals with custom-made prosthetics.
19. Stephen Wiltshire is an artist who draws detailed city landscapes after a brief glance, despite the fact that he was diagnosed with autism when he was 3 years old.
20. JC Sheitan Tenet, a tattoo artist with the first tattoo machine arm prosthesis
21. World War II veteran breaks scuba diving records at 96
22. “After 2.5 years of dialysis, this was my BFF’s last round. On Monday, I gave her a kidney and we are both doing great. Give the gift of life, if you can.”
23. London hairdresser, Joshua Coombes, gives free haircuts to homeless people and shares their stories on social networks.
There are a lot of inspiring vital stories among us. Which ones should be included in this list, in your opinion? We’d be happy to see your stories and pictures in the comment section below!