20 Rare Photos From the Past That Continue to Stun Us
Did you know that someone managed to capture a woman born in the first half of the 18th century on a real photograph? Have you ever seen the brooding Brad Pitt wearing an evening dress? These shots represent different eras and manage to perfectly capture life at that time.
Here at Bright Side, we have been looking through old photos and chose the ones that we couldn’t wait to share with you. At the end of the article, there is a bonus photo proving that any historical event can be perfectly re-enacted.
20. Elizabeth Taylor on the set of Giant
19. The always young and beautiful Audrey Hepburn
18. This fake city that was built on the roof of The Boeing Factory in Seattle during World War II to strategically deter the Nazis.
17. 650 officers paying tribute to animals that died during World War I
16. This photo was made in 1840. Hannah Stilley is the woman depicted in it — she was born in 1746. There is no other person captured by photograph who had been born earlier than her.
15. Princess Diana and Prince Harry in an amusement park
14. This is Albina Mali-Hočevar — a girl from Yugoslavia that had been wounded several times during the Second World War.
13. A young boy that had just stolen his father’s car and crashed it, takes one last puff on his cigarette before facing the consequences.
12. Brad Pitt posing for Rolling Stone Magazine in 1999
11. Tramcarrier in Leningrad, 1979
10. The creators of The Simpsons in the writing room, 1992
9. A girl from Mariyka, Ukraine in a wedding dress
8. Ernest Hemingway boxing in Africa
7. A selfie in the year 1920
6. A young Winston Churchill
5. Feeding polar bears concentrated milk
4. Winter, 1967
3. Children going to school in Italy, 1959
2. A couple sleeping in a shelter in case of a bombing during World War II
1. Lovers tend to look like this in every era.
Bonus: Many people believe that this is the real photo of J.F. Kennedy’s assassination. But in fact, it was a re-enactment staged in the movie, The Trial of Lee Harvey Oswald in 1977.
Which of these photos surprised you and which ones made you smile? Please tell us about it in the comments!