21 People Who Found Love When They Least Expected It
There are a lot of songs and poems about unexpected love. This big, nice feeling can really find us anywhere: in an online game, on social media, or at a concert. And it seems that the more unusual the place is, the more chances there are that you will have a serious relationship.
Internet users shared their stories of how they met their soul mates and Bright Side added some points to this list of the many ways to find love.
1. “A marriage 3 decades late: My mother lost touch with her then-boyfriend 30 years ago. 2 years ago, he reconnected with her through LinkedIn. After numerous FaceTime calls and flying back and forth, they finally got married.”
2. “My fiancé and I are getting married in May, we met on WoW and are having a WoW-themed wedding. We opted to go with pendants instead of rings. Here are the Hearts of Azeroth we made for our wedding!! I’m so excited!”
3. It’s never too late.
4. “On our first date, I was so nervous that I rambled about penguins. When a penguin meets a penguin that it wants to mate with, it gives it a pebble as a gift. If the other penguin accepts it, it means they are mates. And penguins mate for life. Today for our anniversary, my girlfriend gave me a pebble.”
5. "I met my wife on Tinder 3 years ago. We were married yesterday. Happiest day of my life (I have no idea why I’m squinting but she looks beautiful)! I definitely out-kicked my coverage. Never thought I would say these words but, “Thank you, Tinder!”
6. This married Chinese couple discovered that they both appeared in the same photograph as teenagers.
7. “We met 9 years ago and then he took me on our first date. Life happened, he battled through a 6-year heroin addiction, jail time, and rehab. I battled through extreme anxiety, depression, and 2 toxic relationships. This year we reconnected and on Christmas Eve he proposed. I’ve never felt so happy and whole!”
8. “Caught with a Master Ball. We met here playing Pokémon GO.”
9. “6 years ago today, a glitch in Facebook mobile logged me into the account of a woman I’d never met. We were married this past June.”
10. “My girlfriend and I both took pictures from the same angle at the same show...3 years before we met each other.”
11. “My fiancé was 4 months pregnant when we met. His real dad has made no attempt to meet his son but it’s ok. I want the job.”
12. “We met online and when I was in her town I asked her out. It turned out we both loved the same ice cream and we had a lot in common. I couldn’t believe I would fall in love this fast, but it happened.”
13. “We met playing World of Warcraft.”
14. “This is the ‘pull’, the longest ongoing college tradition in the nation. This is me and my fiancé where we met.”
15. “My girlfriend just sent me a picture from the day we met. The perspective (and my face) is priceless.”
16. “We met at Disneyland 1 year ago.”
17. “We met when we were 2, started dating at 13, and just got married at 24 (and we got to have her dream wedding on the beach). She is the one constant in my life and my best friend. I am truly blown away by her thoughtfulness, love, and beauty.”
18. “We met in a first-year bio lab, and 4 years later, after almost 3 years of dating, we each graduated with a bachelor of science degree. Happy couple and happy college grads!”
19. “We met 5 years ago at a restaurant job — I was a server and he was a dishwasher. Now he’s the chef, I’ve earned my masters, and he proposed! The happiest day of my life thus far.”
20. “I’m Canadian, she’s Australian and we met in Thailand...she is the greatest thing to ever happen to me!”
21. “I was auctioned off for a date at this charity event. This girl bought me, and we’ve been together over a year! I still can’t believe how lucky I am!”
Have you ever met new people in a very unusual way? Tell us your stories, we’d love to hear them!
Preview photo credit Farcus81 / Imgur