15 Things in China That Puzzle the Whole World
We know China for more than what it’s been in recent years. It’s one of the most prominent and important countries in the world. Yet the Chinese still have a lot of things people in the west might not understand even today.
Bright Side is excited to disclose a bunch of facts that can surprise readers that haven’t been to China. Plus, there’s a cool bonus waiting for you at the end of the article.
1. Pale facial skin is of utmost importance in China.
2. Public bathrooms don’t have a regular toilet but are equipped with a state-of-the-art TV.
3. Rent a boyfriend or girlfriend to avert or calm down your inquisitive Chinese relatives.
4. Spitting and burping in public is absolutely okay and polite except for in some places.
5. Tipping at restaurants is considered insulting and crazy — it’s not appropriate in China.
6. There’s a practice for well-off Chinese people called “ding zui”. It means hiring a person to serve their prison sentence.
7. New houses are usually sold without windows.
8. There won’t be any bathtubs or showers in your Chinese bathroom. The floor is always wet as water flows directly onto it.
9. Chinese people drink mostly hot water as it possesses multipurpose “healing” properties.
10. But they don’t forget about living a healthy lifestyle...
11. ... with beef candy for dessert.
12. The pear is a symbol of affinity and friendship in China, so don’t cut it in half when eating.
13. A special Chinese set to fuel you and your devices
14. Eating out is way more common and it’s cheaper than inviting guests to your place.
15. And remember that Chinese people can resort to on-demand beauty sleep anywhere.
Bonus: This natural miracle is called The Chinese Rainbow Mountains (Zhangye Danxia). They still perplex scientists and locals in terms of their origin and beauty.
How do you like these Chinese peculiarities? Are you surprised? Comment on which ones astonished you most.