18 Things From the US That Baffle the Whole World
Diversity is interesting and fun and it makes our world rich. There are many different cultures and sometimes it may seem that we live on different planets because of all the peculiarities that each of them has. The US culture is pretty well-known because of movies and TV shows that are popular all over the world, and some of their traditions were massively adopted. But they still have things that leave most of the world constantly wondering — “Why?”
Bright Side found some things that prove that Americans’ not only refuse to use the metric system, but that other things they do make them kinda weird to most of the world.
1. Their waiters constantly ask you if everything’s okay.
2. They avoid the number 13.
3. They use the MM/DD/YYYY date format.
4. They only have a few holidays during the year.
5. This huge gap in all the public bathrooms
6. The way they greet you with the, “How are you?” question, which is actually not a question, but just a way to say “Hi”
7. The prices on the price tags don’t include the taxes.
8. They put ice in all their drinks.
9. They name their kids literally anything.
10. They have a separate room for their closet.
11. They use too many bags at stores, and sometimes they don’t even have any handles.
12. Salads are really all about salad — don’t you expect to have anything else in a noticeable amount in there too?
13. They have too many choices for everything — you hit your daily choice limit just by ordering a sandwich.
14. Most don’t travel abroad.
15. They hang the US flag everywhere.
16. They have a thing for hiking.
17. As for pickles — they put them on everything and even fry them.
18. They almost never use their credit card PIN and don’t even sign the back of their card.
Which of these things are the strangest to you? Are there any other things you’ve noticed that baffle you? Share your thoughts in comments.