4 Mind-Bending Riddles You Don’t Need to Be a Genius to Figure Out
It's not just your body that needs exercise in order to function properly – your brain needs regular workouts, as well! Riddles are a great way to give your brain some exercise off the beaten path. Let your brain have some fun while you figure out riddles about cats, houses, and so on!
Bright Side has 4 riddles for you to solve. Grab a pen, a piece of paper and let's get started!
There are 6 buildings in the street: a pastry shop, a pet shop, a tattoo parlor, a toy store, a tailor shop, and a beauty shop. A construction worker has to repair all of the buildings within one week. But the working plan has been lost. And now you have to use your logic so as to know the location of the houses in the street and remember which one should be the first. We can rely on things that the worker still remembers:
- There is one building between the tattoo parlor and the house that should be restored first.
- There are 2 houses between the beauty shop and the tailor shop.
- The tailor shop is the last building on this street.
- The pet shop isn't the first one to be restored.
- There are 2 houses between the toy store and the tattoo parlor.
- There are 3 houses between the pastry shop and the tailor shop.
- The toy store is located between the house that should be renovated the first and another building.
How are the buildings located and which one should be restored first?
There are 20 cats of different colors with different features on the farm. In the picture, you can see intersecting areas that include all local cats. The number of cats is marked with numbers. Using the picture, find out how many cats match each description:
- Red cats with tabby tails that catch mice don't have fleas.
- White cats with fleas and tabby tails don't catch mice.
- Brown cats with fleas catch mice and their tails aren't tabby.
- Red cats without stripes that like to catch mice don't have fleas.
- Red cats with tabby tails have fleas. But they're good at catching mice.
- Red cats with fleas and tabby tails like to fish.
Mary and Ben lived with their 4 friends. One day, Ben came home and found Mary dead on a sofa. The detective arrived and interrogated all 4 neighbors:
Mia was in the kitchen for 2 hours.
Jane was painting in her room.
Jennifer was swimming in a pool for 3 hours.
John was reading a book.
The detective asked everyone to show him their hands and found out who lied to him. How did he figure it out?
There are 12 cards face down on the table. You have to find out the suit and the number of each card without flipping them over. Besides, there are several rules:
- All cards have a different number and each one has its own "worth." Ace equals one, Jack equals 11, Queen equals 12, and King equals 13. The points of the other cards equal their value. The total sum is 83.
- The cards of one suit color can't neighbor vertically or horizontally.
- Each line has cards of 4 different suits, each column contains 3 different suits.
- A King is right on the Seven's left.
- Three is right above Nine.
- Nine is on the right of the Ace of Spades.
- Ten of diamonds is the Queen's neighbor (vertically and horizontally.)
- Queen and Four have the same suits.
- A card that's hidden under the letter H and Two have the same suits.
- The value of the card under letter F is 1 point higher than the value of the card under letter J.
Find the answers under this arrow:
Solution: According to the riddle, the tailor shop is the last in the street (the sixth one). There are 3 houses between the tailor shop and the pastry shop and 2 buildings between the tailor shop and the beauty shop. It means that the pastry shop is the second one, the beauty shop is the third. There are 2 houses between the toy shop and the tattoo parlor. It means that they can be either the first or the second building. Then the pet shop is the fifth. We know that the toy shop is between 2 buildings. It means that it's the fourth, the tattoo parlor is the first. The order in the street is the following:
The tattoo parlor, the pastry shop, the beauty shop, the toy store, the pet shop, the tailor shop.
As the toy store is located near the house that should be restored first (taking into consideration the fact that it's not the pet shop):
the beauty shop is to be repaired first.
Out of 20 cats, there are:
- 3 red cats with tabby tails that catch mice and have no fleas.
- 5 white cats with fleas and tabby tails that don't catch mice.
- 2 brown cats with fleas that catch mice and have no tabby tails.
- 1 red cat that likes to catch mice and doesn't have fleas.
- 4 red cats with tabby tails that have fleas. They are great at catching mice.
- 5 red cats with tabby tails and fleas that prefer fishing.
If Jennifer had been in a swimming pool for so long, the skin of her palms would have been wrinkled.
If you keep all described conditions in mind, you'll get such result when you put all cards face up:
How did you do? Share your favorite riddles in the comments below!