14 People Whose Great Expectations Were Crushed by the Weight of Reality
In a world where fancy ads and attractive packaging design reign supreme, products can often deceive us and leave us feeling disappointed. We find ourselves falling for these schemes repeatedly. However, there’s no need to get upset; sometimes, we can turn these experiences into a good laugh, thanks to the internet.
1. “We ordered the cake on the left and received the cake on the right. Elmo has seen better days.”
2. “Tried making rice since working from home is usually slow. Got pulled into a meeting and 3 conversations before I could add water.”
3. Why I have trust issues!
4. “Every single grape in the bag has seeds.”
5. “My son turned 1 yesterday. This was the topper to his space-themed cake. Left is what we ordered, right is what we got.”
6. “I ordered this giant bra in a wrong size.”
7. What I ordered vs. what I got
8. “What I bought vs. what I got”
9. “I ordered wrapping paper online, there was a mistake and now I have a massive poster of my face, I’m not even mad.”
10. “How we advertise our Jack-o-Lantern pizzas vs. how I like to make them for customers”
11. “I bought a scratching post for my cat.”
12. “So I ordered some popcorn. Always check the size first!”
13. “Someone missed the day in pre-k when they went over shapes.”
14. “Well, our ‘family size’ pool has arrived.”
Sometimes, we get pleasantly surprised when a product clearly exceeds our expectations. The lucky people on this list know this firsthand!