The 7 Best Laptop Backpacks of 2022
Who wouldn’t dream of sipping a cocktail by the pool and taking a conference call from work at the same time? Nowadays, this is totally possible. But this dream couldn’t happen without bags for laptops. Put your laptop in a secure bag and go on a journey, enjoy life, and earn income while you travel. Research shows that changing your workplace can help you be happier and, therefore, more productive.
With this list of the best laptop bags from Amazon that we’ve compiled, you’ll be able to find the right one for you.
1. Best budget bag — this bag has a side pocket for documents or gadgets and is made of waterproof materials to protect it against liquids.
4.6 out of 5 stars
77% positive reviews
- This is one of the most compact and durable computer bags on Amazon, suitable for carrying a small number of goods and perfect for the everyday protection of your laptop.
- And it falls into the category of cheap laptop bags because of its pleasant price.
- The isolation at the corners will prevent direct contact between the laptop and the zipper so that it remains scratch-free.
- The bag has a handle for easy carrying and has a side-opening design for better protection.
- The bag comes in 3 colors: blue, dark gray, and red.
- 13 different bag sizes are available to choose from: 10"/9.7"-11″ iPad Air & Pro, 10"/10"-11″ iPad Tablet, 11.6"/13″ MacBook Air & Pro, 12.5″, 12.5-13″, 13-13.3″, 13.3″, 14″, 15.6″, and 17-17.3″.
- Keep in mind that the exterior size of the laptop bag is different from the inside, so check this size before you buy.
- 15.6″ bag external size: 15.6″ x 11.2″ x 0.8"/39.5 cm x 28.4 cm x 2 cm
- 15.6″ bag interior size: 15.2″ x 10.8″ x 0.6"/38.5 cm x 27.4 cm x 1.5 cm
2 people found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
I purchased the NIDOO 10″ laptop sleeve for my iPad Pro 11 (2020) and Apple’s Smart Keyboard Folio.
Although the sleeve is designed for laptops with smaller screens, it fits my iPad perfectly. The iPad fits well with or without the Smart Keyboard Folio. The sleeve also has enough room to accommodate the iPad with the Apple Pencil attached.
I have tried the sleeve with Apple’s iPad Air (2020) and Magic Keyboard, and they also fit very well.
The sleeve is well made and definitely a good value for the money. The interior of the sleeve is very soft, and the thickness of the padding is adequate to protect your device from minor impacts and small falls.
I am very pleased with my purchase, and I would recommend this sleeve without hesitation. — Ali
2. Roomy and comfortable — this bag has a lot of space for your laptop and belongings, yet it has a perfect shape that allows you to bring it anywhere comfortably.
4.7 out of 5 stars
82% positive reviews
This is one of the best bags for laptops to carry all your items because it is much bigger than it looks in the photo. It has a built-in USB port to charge your phone with the connected power bank (this feature can save you in an unpleasant situation).
It has many pockets:
- The main compartment with many small functional pockets that can keep your items organized and easier to find
- A pocket for a 15.6″ laptop
- An iPad compartment
As well as external pockets:
- A front pocket for quick access items, such as coins, keys, or earphones
- 2 side pockets for your umbrella or water bottle
- The bag comes in 3 colors: navy blue, gray, and black
- Size of a 15.6″ backpack: 16.9″ x 11.15″ x 7.5″ (42.9 cm x 28.3 cm x 19 cm)
- Weight: 1.82 lb
- Suitable for laptops up to 15.6″
- Material: PU leather and nylon
19 people found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
It’s an amazing, sturdy bag worth every penny and the gamble of purchasing online.
I work from home but occasionally have to travel to sites. When I do, I need to take a lot of things.
A lot of other reviews said this was a tardis and you could get lots in. I wasn’t sure, so I opted for (I believe) the larger version. Holy cow, I think I could have gone for the smaller one!
In my bag, I put my laptop, laptop charger, phone charger, 2 mobiles (work and personal), a pencil case for office stationery on the go, a wireless keyboard, a mouse, and my work pass (which has a convenient pocket inside to keep it safe!), multiple note pads (both A4 and A5 sizes), laptop headphones for Webex meetings, and phone headphones for conference calls. Sometimes I put spare shoes/trainers in. I also put my purse and my lunch boxes (I have 3 square ones in 3 sizes for fruit, etc.).
On the outside, there’s a front pocket (zipped) in which I keep easy-to-reach items (a cable that allows me to charge my phone and have headphones plugged in for conference calls, etc.), tissues, spare change just in case, and my travel card. I don’t know about the security of the zipper on the front, so I don’t tend to put anything valuable inside it. The top is just a regular 2-side zip, but because of the shape, it isn’t easy to open (IMO), so I put valuable items inside the main part.
There are 2 side pockets (really deep). I keep a compact umbrella in one and a bottle of water in the other.
If I need to carry my bag like a handbag (busy tube, train, etc.), I can, as it has some cute leather straps on top. I have to admit though that when it’s full, it’s almost impossible for me to realistically carry it like this for any distance. Once it is on my back, the weight is so well distributed that it feels so light.
The color is gorgeous. I love pink and really girly things, but I seriously needed my adult professional hat on, so I opted for this blue camo. It’s really nice. I had a few compliments.
I am not sure if the material is waterproof. It may be resistant. I have a waterproof backpack cover, which I’ll put over it if there’s any serious rain, but the majority of my travel is door-to-door (even by public transport), so it doesn’t overly concern me.
If you are unsure, just go for it! It’s the first time I have ever purchased a bag online. The gamble was 100% worth it. It’s sturdy, comfortable, fits a lot of stuff in, and it’s stylish. A great buy at a really good price! — Indiana
3. Best design — this computer shoulder bag has different size options to fit your needs perfectly. Also, it has multiple compartments in which your things will be kept organized.
4.5 out of 5 stars
69% positive reviews
This laptop bag is protected against damp or unclean surfaces by the high-quality, water-resistant cotton canvas, which is very simple to clean.
This bag has 8 pockets:
- A secure padded compartment for a 15"-15.6″ computer
- A large main compartment for books, a lunch box, a binder, and papers
- A back anti-theft zip pocket for a passport
- 2 front quick-access pockets for a cellphone and change
- An under-flap business card organizer pocket
- 2 side water bottle pockets
- The bag comes in 3 colors: gray, dark gray, and black
- You can choose the bag with a buckle closure or without
- 2 different bag sizes are available to choose from: 15"-15.6″ and 17"-17.3″
- 15.6″ bag exterior size: 18″ (W) x 14″ (H) x 5″ (D)/45 cm x 13 cm x 34 cm
- Weight: 2.24 lb/1.02 kg
- Suitable for 15"-15.6″ laptops
- Shoulder strap length: 25.2"/64 cm
- Material: water-resistant canvas and PU leather
39 people found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
It’s a perfect bag for a great price. It even cares about the little details. :)
I have never had a shoulder bag I thought was worth its value, most being okay but not great and usually poorly made. Just looking at many of them online will prove how they really aren’t that well-made. I wasn’t actually expecting much from this bag, but man, am I happy with it.
The material feels and looks really good and seems to be of good quality. I was expecting the leather to be really nasty and the padding to be awful, but both are actually really nice. The bottom is made of the same material as the rest too, so you won’t have the horrible wear you usually get on the bottom corners when they use the horrible leather (though I think this leather would actually hold up well to it if they did).
The Velcro on the bag is actually a nice feature, and now that I’ve had it, I don’t want to go back. It turns out this uses flat, smooth Velcro. You can rub your fingers on it all you like, and it won’t catch at all. This doesn’t seem important, but considering you’re always having your hands around the bag, especially on the inside laptop strap, it is really nice to be able to put your hands over them without it hurting. They do have slightly sharp edges, but that’s not really a problem. This is great and all, but it wouldn’t matter if it didn’t stick. It turns out that it’s really strong. Just tossing the flap closed to let the Velcro roughly close on it is more than strong enough to keep it closed if you hold it by the handle with a 1.5-liter bottle inside. These straps are not coming undone unless you want them to.
Next are the compartments, which give you plenty of space. You can see it all in the pictures, but it is still worth mentioning that you have more than enough pockets in this to separate things and plenty of space overall. I will say that some of the pockets seem like they could be bigger, like the front pocket, but they are still a good size overall.
The build quality on this is amazing; it seems like it’s going to last for a very long time. The zips are strong and thick enough that nothing should happen to them. They even come with 2 spare zip pulls! How thoughtful. The stitching is well done, with the lines being straight and the thread thick. There is a lot of stitching on things like the straps, so I am very sure that’s not tearing off. Overall, the stitching looks nice too. On the corner of the flap, it looks like they did a remake on mine, as the line stops then starts again a little further back, but it still looks fine. This thing is not coming apart any time soon.
My ONLY real complaint is that the ends of the stitches stick up a little rather than go in, and that’s really just nitpicking since I can see they’re properly closed to not come off at all. They don’t stick up much, so it’s not visually annoying either. It does matter a little on the handle, where you can feel the tiny dot of glue on the end of the thread, just like they have on car seat belts.
So I’ve just written a very long review about a shoulder bag on Amazon. Why? I felt it needed to be said that this is an amazing bag for its value. I am very stingy with prices, but I am more than happy to have paid around $40 for this bag. This is far better than other bags I’ve had for the same price. This bag should be seen as one of the best options before even thinking about its great price. I absolutely love this bag. — Amazon customer
4. This is one of the best computer bags with a mind-blowing design — it’s very slim and is made of water-resistant synthetic leather and ballistic nylon material.
4.8 out of 5 stars
85% positive reviews
The hidden double zipper ensures the security of your belongings within. This bag for a 15-inch laptop has 6 pockets inside. To keep your laptop safe, the main compartment is lined with soft flannel.
Unique features of this bag:
- A detachable keychain
- A card pocket
- An anti-theft pocket for your wallet and phone
- Comes in 2 colors: black and pink
- 3 different bag sizes are available to choose from: 15″, 15.6″, and 17″
- Size of the 15" backpack: 11’’ (L) x 2.7’’ (W) x 16.5’’ (H)/ 28 cm x 7 cm x 43 cm
- Weight: 1.5 lb / 870 grams
- Suitable for an ultra-thin laptop
64 people found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
This backpack is great — it seriously exceeded my expectations. It just looks so darn good — I’ve been getting compliments on how sleek it is from everyone who sees it.
The shoulder straps are really well padded, so it is super comfortable to wear. I will say that it forces me to pack lightly — if my laptop is in there, I can fit a water bottle and a few other items, but it isn’t the bag if you want to be carrying your sneakers and laptop and accessories, plus gym clothes, etc.
My only design complaint is that I wish the larger exterior pocket (not the laptop pocket) had a zipper that opened it a little bit further down along the sides. As it is now, it is very deep and has a rather narrow opening at the top, so it’s a little tough to see what’s in there. I have ended up just using that pocket for my wallet and using the attached keychain for my keys (love that feature). Then I keep my phone in the very outermost pocket (accessible from the side) and anything else in the main compartment. I bought this based on the reviews and photos, so I wanted to be sure I left a review myself! — Emily
5. The best multi-functional laptop bag — this bag has a lot of compartments and enough space for your 17.3″ computer. It’s bigger than most laptop bags and is made of environment-friendly canvas poly fabric, which is durable and water-repellent.
4.7 out of 5 stars
81% positive reviews
Long-lasting comfort when carrying is guaranteed with the removable and adjustable shoulder strap and sturdy PU handles. The main compartment can significantly expand thanks to the extension zipper, giving you additional room for your belongings and documents. Also, the bag has a baggage strap that makes it simple to attach it to a suitcase for travel.
- Size: 18″ x 12.8″ x 7.5"/9.5"/45.72 cm x 32.51 cm x 19.05 cm
- Weight: 2.88 lb / 800 grams
- Suitable for laptops up to 17.3″
- Exterior material: canvas
- Interior material: polyester
One person found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
Size: I was able to fit a MacBook Pro 13″, a work laptop (Lenovo 13″), an iPad Pro 10.5″, a Logitech mouse, a charger, a Kindle, PS5 headphones, and Sony WMX-5000 headphones.
There was tons of space to spare, even with all of my items; I didn’t even have to use the extension zip. Could easily fit 6 laptops in it, no problem. Tons of room.
There should be room for food, drink, etc., even with all of that, in case people are looking for work purposes, which I am predominantly using this for.
Quality: No complaints; everything seems really well put together.
Durability: Yet to be tested, only time will tell, but on first impression, it feels fine.
Disadvantage: I’ve seen a few reviews about the padding for a laptop in the back pocket (closest to your body). I agree that there is very little padding.
Solution: Buy a cheap laptop sleeve or put the laptop in the middle pocket.
Great value, happy to endorse! 👍 — Kindle customer
6. Classic at all times — this bag is made of high-quality water-resistant waxed canvas fabric, horse leather, and a top-quality zipper. This vintage design would look good with any outfit compared to other laptop bags.
4.6 out of 5 stars
76% positive reviews
This vintage laptop bag has magnetic buckles for easy use and great accessibility when it comes to grabbing items. Also, the adjustable shoulder strap with soft PU leather padding minimizes shoulder tension.
This bag has 9 pockets:
- 4 outer slip pockets
- 1 outer back pocket
- A large padded compartment for a 15.6″ laptop
- A large compartment
- 2 inner slip pockets
- The bag comes in 3 colors: beige, brown, and gray
- Size: 38.5 cm (L) x 11 cm (W) x 31 cm (H)
- Suitable for laptops or notebooks in sizes 15"-15.6″
Happy buyer’s review:
Professional, functional, and well-made!
Okay, so I work in a role where I need to carry my laptop, notepad, and lots of other stuff all the time. From a simple day at the office and home to traveling the country, I need a bag that can suit a multitude of situations. Normally going for leather bags, which inevitably are very expensive and can be easily damaged, I thought I would give this canvas bag a try, and as you can see from the photos, it does not disappoint!
It looks great, has loads of storage space, and is really well-made. I have managed to fit all of my day-to-day gear, which I normally squeeze into a backpack, into this much more professional and quality bag! Very pleased indeed! — SteveGuy
7. Anti-theft design — this business laptop’s rucksack design with a password lock and double metal zippers protects your wallet and other items from theft.
4.7 out of 5 stars
78% positive reviews
This bag is really secure and modern. The laptop bag includes a built-in USB 2.0 charging cord and an earphone jack, allowing you to charge your gadgets and listen to music with comfort. Plus, the backpack weighs only 1.69 lb (710 grams).
There are 14 pockets in this bag:
- 2 main pockets
- 9 inner pockets
- 2 side pockets
- A separate space for your laptop
- The bag comes in 4 colors: black, gray, multicolor, and red
- Size: 19.5″ x 12.5″ x 5.3"/13.46 cm x 31.75 cm x 49.53 cm
- Weight: 2 lb (910 g)
- Suitable for laptops up to 17.3″
10 people found this happy buyer’s review helpful:
It makes a great day-to-day backpack!
Have you ever seen one of those men doing that awkward walk/run in town with a backpack on? I’m one of those people! I always carry so much with me, from water bottles to a jacket to my lunch and just useless rubbish. My previous bag actually ripped the back of my work shirt, so I knew it was time to get a new backpack. Plus, it smelled awful no matter what you sprayed on it. I found this one very quickly. It is exactly the same as my old one, just with a little more security.
These backpacks are an excellent size, not too awkward feeling on the back, and comfortable even after a good few hours, plus, you have all your comforts inside. If you are craving chocolate on the go, if you are in need of your water, or if you want an extra pack of chips...not a problem; I got you. This backpack is as water-resistant as a paper bag. In a heavy downpour, you are soaked. It does a good job, however, the zips allow it to seep through. Although, I don’t carry anything that will spoil or get waterlogged, so it isn’t a big worry! It dries fast, I must admit.
I have carried my laptop very comfortably in this bag, it slots in very well — a 15-inch laptop, no problem. You could fill this bag to the brim and it will still feel comfortable; the padding for the back support and strap are great.
I have never had to use the security to be honest, as it is extremely rare that I carry anything of value. But there again, curiosity got the better of me, and it works very, very well! No one will get the zips free without fully alerting you to their activity! So it does its job.
One thing with this is that people love to change the combination on the train as they wait to exit. Every now and then, I will take my bag off to be greeted by the funny number “420” on the combination. Stay classy, train folk!
The price was excellent; it falls into the fair price bracket. You could carry a canteen’s worth of food and drink, and it would be very comfortable for daily use. I highly recommend it; it’s a good little purchase, and it removes the tedium of carrying carrier bags. Free your hands; use your back. —RandomHeroAM
What is your favotite working place? Do you believe that a workplace can help you be more productive? Share a picture of your favorite working spots in the comments.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.