A Painter Showed How Disney Princesses Would Look If They Were Drawn Now
The Walt Disney Company gave the world many female characters, and princesses were the most popular among them. The first Disney princess was Snow White, and this animated movie was released 81 years ago in 1937. Isabelle Staub, a painter from Pennsylvania, has redrawn her favorite characters, and now it feels almost as if these movies have just been released. Not only do they look up-to-date, they also please the eye with their bright colors and strict lines.
We at Bright Side liked this colorful art, and we can’t wait to show it to you.
1. Aurora, Sleeping Beauty (1959)
2. Pocahontas, Pocahontas (1995)
3. Kida, Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
4. Ariel, The Little Mermaid (1989)
5. Cinderella, Cinderella (1950)
6. Esmeralda, The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996)
7. Jasmine, Aladdin (1992)
8. Anastasia, Anastasia (1997)
9. Meg, Hercules (1997)
10. Mulan, Mulan (1998)
11. Snow White, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
12. Belle, Beauty and the Beast (1991)
Which of these renewed characters did you like the most? Why? Please share your opinion in the comments!
Preview photo credit isabelle_staub