An Artist From Saint-Petersburg Recreates the World’s Most Famous Paintings on Cakes, and We Wouldn’t Dare Eat Them
Nastasya Chernogrivova, an artist from Saint-Petersburg and founder of Marfa Pastry Shop, creates cakes topped with wonderful interpretations of famous art masterpieces. Instead of common painting materials, she uses various delicious jams and condiments to recreate artwork by the likes of Dali, Van Gogh, Degas, Klimt and many others. Almost every cake is unique since the artist rarely repeats a design, making them even more in demand!
Bright Side has collected 21 of the most impressive works by Nastasya that can surely “bake” the world a better place!
1. Marc Chagall, The Stroll
2. Moïse Kisling, Woman in Red Sweater
3. Mikhail Vrubel, The Demon Seated
4. Valentin Serov, Girl with Peaches
5. Edgar Degas, Blue Dancers
6. Andrew Wyeth, Frostbitten
7. René Magritte, The Son of Man
8. Vincent van Gogh, The Starry Night
9. René Magritte, The Lovers
10. Salvador Dalí, The Persistence of Memory
11. Gustav Klimt, The Kiss
12. Egon Schiele, Reclining Woman with Red Blouse
13. Ivan Kramskoy, Portrait of an Unknown Woman
14. Joaquín Sorolla y Bastida, At the Beach
15. Pavel Filonov, Horses
16. Pierre Auguste Renoir, Boating on the Seine
17. Piet Mondrian, Composition with Red Blue and Yellow
18. Vincent Van Gogh, Sunflowers
19. Ivan Aivazovsky, Shipping Off the Island of Ischia
20. Gustav Klimt, Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I
21. Henri Matisse, The Dance
Meet the artist herself!
Which of these desserts did you like the most? Would you dare eat one of the cakes? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!