20 Designers That Tried Really Hard to Make Our Lives Difficult
Before any project is finished, there are a lot of different stages and people that need to check on it. But it looks like the things from this compilation were created in very different ways. Either that or the people that created them collectively lost their minds. Otherwise, how can you explain a sink where you can’t even wash your hands?
Bright Side wants to remind designers that visual appeal is important, but so is usability.
1. “My city just replaced all their buses with brand new ones. The stop button is now located where you rest your knee. It’s super sensitive and people constantly hit it by mistake, so the driver has to stop, even though no one is getting off.”
2. Measuring spoons and cups that are labeled with ink that washes off the first time it touches water
3. A teapot cap that melts off when it gets too hot
4. “It looks nice, sure, but I didn’t even know it was a real extinguisher.”
5. This soap dispenser that doesn’t reach the bottom
6. Blue is land.
7. “This useless step made me fall.”
8. “It’s okay, I didn’t want any water without fondling the back of the sink anyway...”
9. “This plug in the library at my university — okay for laptops but don’t even dare to try charging your phone...”
10. “My back hurts from this bench design.”
11. This egg holder has 8 places while every store-bought pack has 6 or 10 eggs...
12. You can see into the men’s bathroom through the mirror from the outside.
13. “The outlet placement in my hotel in Italy”
14. “The number of times I’ve broken this lightbulb...”
15. “This fire hydrant where I live is both buried in cement and in the middle of the sidewalk.”
16. This very steep wheelchair ramp that goes straight into the street
17. “We don’t need that corner, I guess...”
18. “Let’s just put 14 doors in a line!”
19. “The basement entrance of our house — I’m 5’8”."
20. This small pool has a yellow plastic mat at the bottom, making it look really unpleasant.
Have you ever seen such design fails? Tell us about the most annoying thing you’ve seen or had to use in the comment section below!