15 Stories Proving That Daughters Always Keep Their Fathers on Their Toes
Ned Stark, the character of the famous TV series Game of Thrones, said, “War was easier than daughters.” These words will definitely make millions of fathers smile and agree. Yes, young women really do require a lot of attention.
We at Bright Side are amazed by the men who were not scared by the difficult mission of raising a girl. This compilation is about the heroes that got to raise little princesses.
- My 7-year-old daughter and I were having dinner. She needed to open a pack of sour cream and she was struggling. I offered her my help, but she refused. She kept trying and in the end, she opened it. I was happy and said, “Well done, sweetie, you are very strong now.” She said, “Dad, I just thought that you won’t be around forever. I have to learn to do things on my own. How much longer will you live? What if you die and I can’t do anything?” © Sibirskix / Pikabu
- We are a young family and my daughter is 3 years old. I went to the grocery store and stopped in the sausage aisle — I thought I wanted some salami. I went to the cash register, paid, and as I was walking out, the manager of the store asks me, “Aren’t you even ashamed?” I was shocked when she told me to open my jacket. I did, I turned 360°, and showed her that I had nothing on me. She apologized and said that they had someone who kept stealing salami, especially the most expensive ones. At home, I told my wife about this and my daughter was nearby, listening to every word. Later, my wife’s friend asked her, “Does your husband really steal salami?” Because after hearing part of my wife’s and my conversation, my daughter, who wasn’t exactly sure what she heard, went to her kindergarten class and told everyone about how cool her dad is who steals salami. © korarok / Pikabu
- My daughter is the only child in the family. She had a kids’ party in her kindergarten class and she was supposed to play the role of Snowflake. Her mother ordered some special fabric from Italy, our relatives from the UK sent us some silk tights, her grandmother gave her a pearl necklace and bought shoes for her. My daughter was taken to different tailors to make her dress look perfect. Before the party, we went to bed at 5 a.m. Everything was finished and done. The dress, the shoes, and the jewelry were all packed in a big black bag. I woke up and I was getting ready. And there was a big black bag on the door handle where the trash was usually put. A minute later, a month’s worth of work mindlessly got thrown down garbage chute. I can’t even try to describe what happened 2 hours later when we woke our daughter up and were on our way to take her to kindergarten. © pomarki / Pikabu
- We had a couple of firecrackers at home. My wife and I went for a walk and my daughter was walking nearby with 2 boys from her class. The boys ran behind the trash cans and when they returned, there was an explosion from behind the cans. I thought, “I’m happy I have a girl.” And my daughter says, “Did you hear the boom? I gave them a firecracker and told them where to light it off!” © Kom1ssar / Pikabu
- [trying on shoes] 9-year-old: They’re not fancy enough.
Me: Why not?
9 yo: They don’t hurt.
The universal rule. © XplodingUnicorn / Twitter
- I picked up my daughter from kindergarten and we were walking home and talking.
Her: “Dad, I’m going to cook dinner tonight, I promised mom I’d help you!
Me: “Great! What’s for dinner?”
Her: "Sandwiches! But don’t help me, I’ll make them myself.
Her: “Help me cut the salami. Grate the cheese, please! Open the mayo, I can’t do it. Turn the sandwich, it’s too hot to touch!”
So here we are, sitting in the kitchen, drinking tea with the delicious sandwiches made by my daughter. © Sibirskix / Pikabu
- My 8-year-old daughter comes into the room all sad. She goes into the closet.
Me: “Honey, what happened?”
Her: “I was making tea and I burned myself.”
Me, terrified: “With boiling water?”
She looked at me as if I was dumb and said, “Dad, if I spilled some boiling water on me, you would have heard that, believe me.” © Nedvoray / Pikabu
- 5-year-old: How do you know?
Me: Know what?
5 yo: Which apples are poisonous and which ones aren’t?
Me: None of the apples are poisonous.
5 yo: Tell that to Snow White. © XplodingUnicorn / Twitter
“Most kids go down for a nap with a blanket or a teddy... My daughter took a bottle of garlic mayo.”
- I asked the kids to clean up the apartment and I went to work for an hour or so. When I came back home, my daughter said, "Dad, we’ve cleaned the apartment! We divided the labor! My brother cleaned the bedrooms, made the beds, vacuumed the floors, watered the flowers, and did the dishes. I asked my daughter, “What did you do?” She said, “I took the new crayons and checked if they were good enough, I have to go to school soon!” Me, “Is that all?” She said, “Well, of course, not! I also changed the toilet paper rolls!” © Sibirskix / Pikabu
- 7-year-old: Can I ask you a job question?
7 yo: Can I be president if I’m also a queen?
Dream big. © XplodingUnicorn / Twitter
- My daughter is 6 years old. She points her finger at a store and asks, “Dad, what’s this?” I say, “It’s a blowtorch.” She asked me what it does. And I said, “Well, you can fix different devices with it.” And she said, “Oh, I thought it was used to get the truth out of people.” Since then, I’ve been trying to let her watch TV less often. © Bash.im
- I went to the mall with my 5-year-old daughter to pick out a gift for her grandmother. We decided to buy a smartphone. While I was choosing one, she was hanging out in a handbag store. So, I bought her a new bag. We got back into the car and she said, “Dad, I love you, you’re the best! I will live with you and mom until you die, no matter how long it takes, maybe even 10 years!” At the moment, I was 40 years old, and my wife was 35. © Sibirskix / Pikabu
- My 6-year-old daughter comes up to me and says, “Dad, what’s a gigolo?” I said, “Well, let’s say, Mike (a boy from her group) comes up to you and invites you to the movies at 6 PM. Would you say yes?” My daughter nods. “Okay, and then he asks Jenny to watch a movie at 8 PM. She agrees. Then he asks Mary at 10 PM and she agrees. So, he is a gigolo. He has 3 dates in one day. She said, ‘I see. He’s so cool. He goes to the movies often, he is so interesting, and he has seen so many films. I want him to be with me and I want Jenny and Mary to be jealous.’ I don’t know what to say. I’m waiting for my wife to come home to forward all further questions to her. © Sibirskix / Pikabu
- I was on the subway and there was a guy wearing a coat, a suit, and a pigtail with a pink hairband. I was very embarrassed, but I still asked him, ‘Why do you have a pigtail?’ And he said, ‘Oh, right, thank you.’ He took it off. ‘My daughter put it in and I didn’t even see it.’ Last time nobody even told me. And I went to the office like this!” © MadTillDead / Pikabu
Fathers of daughters, what kind of funny things have happened to you? Share them with us please!