8 Soap Life Hacks That Can Get You Out of Tricky Situations
Turns out soap has more useful features, besides cleaning, that can help you in your daily life. For example, it’s great to use to fill nail holes in your wall. You can easily make any mirror anti-fog or polish glasses and sunglasses.
We at Bright Side are sure that a bar of soap is a must-have thing in each house and found 8 life hacks that prove it.
1. Stick the soap with a magnet so you don’t drop it while taking a shower.
If, once again, you have nowhere to put your soap, except on the tap, this life hack is for you. Soap can be attached with a magnet to any iron surface like your tap, and then it will not fall or end up on the wet ground.
- Make a hole in the soap that is the diameter of bottle cap.
- Take the bottle cap and insert the magnet in it.
- Put this cap in the soap. Now you can easily stick the bar of soap to the tap.
2. Clean up broken glass so you don’t cut your feet in the future.
Broken glass doesn’t have to be a big problem, but it often happens that the fragments are so small that our eyes don’t even see them. So, the glass may remain on the floor and cause injuries in the future. It’s necessary, for safety purposes, to clean up all the pieces. In this case, a bar of soap can be very useful.
Just grab a slippery bar of soap and pass it over the area so that you can pick up the shards. Don’t be in a rush and do it carefully, to be sure that all the tiny pieces don’t remain on the floor.
3. Get rid of that creaky door sound.
Soap is not just useful for cleaning, but it can help you with a squeaky door. If you are tired of this sound, just rub the hinges with a bar of soap. Then open and close the door a couple of times so that the soap will spread throughout the mechanism.
4. Repel pests from houseplants to prolong their beauty.
Soap may help to kill and repel common pests on houseplants and garden plants. The method is very simple. Use a soap made of fair-trade ingredients and organic oils, so it won’t harm your plants. It can be a liquid soap, or you can dissolve a bar of it in water. This is the recipe:
- 1 gallon of water
- 1 tbsp of liquid soap
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil (optional)
Now mix it and spray this soapy water on your plants.
5. Rub your bathroom mirror to prevent it from fogging up.
This is not the biggest struggle, but still, it can be annoying when each time you take a shower, your mirror in the bathroom becomes fogged. A bar of soap can be very handy.
Take the bar of soap and carefully rub it onto the mirror’s glass. No need to make a thick layer. When you’re done, take a soft cotton or microfiber cloth and polish the mirror until it’s shiny again.
6. Put a bar of soap in your closet so you’re not embarrassed by bad odors later.
A soap bar tends to leave its aroma on its surroundings. Pick a soap with the smell that you like the most and leave it on a shelf. You can also wrap the bar in clean fabric, but make sure to use a thin fabric.
7. Polish your sunglasses with soap so they won’t fog up, even in the winter.
If you would like to polish your glasses and make them anti-fog at the same time, try this hack.
- Run your glasses under lukewarm water. It’s important to not use hot water because it can decrease the lifespan of some lenses with a coating.
- Put a small drop of dish soap on your fingertips or use a soft bar of soap. Gently rub both sides of the lenses and then polish with a microfiber cloth.
8. Fill nail holes in your wall when you don’t have special tools.
Nail holes in a wall can be very irritating, especially if you see them every day. It’s easy to fix, even without special tools — all you need is a bar of soap.
Rub a dry bar of soap over your nail holes. Then rag over the surface of the holes to get rid of excess soap pieces. Done!
What life hacks were new for you? Which soap tricks do you know of that can be very handy in life? Please, share your tips with us!