15 Bright Side Men Who Were Against Having Pets, but Then Found Their Fluffy Soulmates
We often stumble upon stories about men not liking animals, but then, to their families’ surprise, they fall in love with a pet. A researcher has actually proven that men start forming strong attachments to dogs when they approach middle age. We also believe that it’s not just dogs that can magically transform their owners and we have a lot of photos to prove it.
Our Bright Side readers submitted a lot of formerly stubborn men, who were swept off their feet by a pet. Spoiler alert: They are now inseparable.
1. Husband then: “I don’t like pets. He has to sleep outside.” Husband now: Sleeps very still so he doesn’t disturb the dog.
2. “He was not a fan of getting another dog... Now I think he loves her more than me!”
3. “My husband with the cat he didn’t want”
4. My dad 11 years ago: “You don’t need a dog.”
My dad today: Gets a towel to dry her off after she swims at their house.
5. He says, “It’s my wife’s dog,” in public. Stop by any time and catch him holding the ’baby’ on the couch.
6. “My husband, who isn’t an animal lover”
7. “My boyfriend of 7 years never wanted a dog and when I got her she wasn’t allowed on the furniture or our bed...”
8. “The dog will be YOUR responsibility!” 2 dogs later:
9. “3 years ago my hubby did not want a dog, now I can’t get a seat on the sofa.”
10. “My boyfriend said my dog will not live with us. Now he cleans her eyes, he taught her how to give hugs, and he carries her when she gets tired.”
11. “My husband, who hated cats”
12. My dad said, “absolutely not” to a dog, so mom got a puppy without telling him. This is my dad and the puppy now.
13. “No dog,” he said. Currently, this is my hubby and his little Shih Tzu princess.
14. “My husband and what he called a ’garbage cat.’ She is now his little kitty girl.”
15. “He said no to pets. We have 4 dogs now, but she’s his favorite.”
Do you know someone who had a change of heart about an animal they said they never wanted? Share your photos with us!