17 Animals Who Are Totally Nailing the Imitation Game
A few years ago, a Tamaskan dog, named Luchta, appeared in the play The Crucible on Broadway. She played the role of the wolf and looked so convincing that the audience didn’t realize she was actually a dog at first sight. And that is not the only example of a perfect imitation in the animal world. Some species have mastered the ability of impersonation so well that even nature would be surprised.
Bright Side admires animals and wants you to see pictures that show how awesome they can disguise their appearance and still stay stunning!
1. “Dad, is that a baby grizzly?”
“No, honey, it’s a Pomeranian mix puppy!”
2. “Smells like a panda, but are you sure?”
“I’m a Chow-Chow dog, but don’t tell anyone!”
3. “Watch out it’s a bear!”
Don’t worry, it’s a puppy!
4. On the prowl
A leopard-looking Bengal cat.
5. Sheep, get your wool ready for winter...
... but this isn’t true for the Mangalitsa pigs, who are naturally covered with wool regardless of the season.
6. “I’m watching you!”
Owl butterfly (the genus Caligo)
7. Mommy brought a small white seal home today.
...which, in reality, was a teacup puppy!
8. “We smell a rat. 2 of them!”
9. Who’s first to finish?
10. “Please, call someone to conduct a DNA test!”
11. How many horizontal sticks can you see?
Actually, there’s only one. The lower branch is a walking stick insect (of Phasmatidae family).
12. “Are you the link between dog and wolf?”
“Hmm, we were searching for this Tamaskan dog”.
13. “We didn’t know that bunnies could swim!”
“Ohh, dear, that’s a sea slug.”
14. Bambi’s just strolling around the woods.
Keep calm, it’s a mouse deer.
15. “Could you bear to think that this is not a bear?”
16. “Ewok, are you back?”
“No, I’m just a koala-looking dog.”
17. “I hate warm water!”
“Stop pretending! You’re a dog, not a polar bear!”
Which animal is your favorite? Would you like to own any of these? Leave your answers below. Besides, you’re also welcome to share photos of your own “imitators”!
Preview photo credit ooMEAToo / Reddit