20+ Architects Who Are Not Familiar With the Word “Boundaries”
There is a good chance that almost all of us, at some point in our lives, have done the typical DIY project at home to try to improve a kitchen cabinet or to install a new shower head. So if you’ve done it, you know that improvising is the way to go when things start getting difficult. However, some people are just unaware of the existence of the word “boundaries.” They decided to take the concept of creativity to the next level by creating things that pretty much defy the laws of physics, architecture, and engineering. There is literally no other way to explain these constructions.
Bright Side has put together some very funny (and shocking) images that prove exactly how some ingenious people took things a bit too far, as we mentioned earlier. And at the end of the article, you’ll find a bonus. Enjoy, and don’t try this at home!
1. If it’s hard to park in a big space, just imagine having to do it in this garage! Definitely not for the faint-of-heart.
2. A new method that prevents insects from entering the water tank... and also prevents it from being opened.
3. Don’t ask how or why, we don’t know either!
4. Just in case you were wondering, we’re also not sure if they built the house or the lamp post first!
5. A great way to exercise, if you’re a professional climber
6. No room for a garage at home? Problem solved! But it’s worth remembering that the idea might not be as good as it seems at first.
7. And speaking about garages and lousy ideas...
8. Looks like something doesn’t really add up here...
9. Not even the pyramids of Egypt are enveloped in as many mysteries as this construction.
10. “Stairway To Heaven”
11. A new mystery that physics has to solve
12. We’re still trying to figure out what that watch tower is for.
13. And the question remains: How long will it take to break it?
14. The owner wanted to convert it into a garage. Architect: No problem!
The owner might have come back with a face palm, but alright, he wanted a garage, didn’t he?
15. Minimalism 101: Use every single part of the house to your advantage, even the base pillars.
16. Remember when you were a kid and you used to play with LEGOs? This person did it for real...
17. “Trust me, I’m an architect.”
18. Duct tape can have 1,001 uses, but keeping the columns in place for them to not break is certainly not one of them.
19. —But sir, there’s a problem... The electric lines are in the way.
—Leave that up to me.
20. “Ok everyone, so let’s each of us do our part of the assignment at home and meet tomorrow to present it.”
21. The only kind of stairs where going up is easier than going down...
22. —Architect, have you ever played Jenga?
—Hold my pencil!
23. How was your first day at work, darling?
24. “Just some things you see when doing foundation inspections.”
25. The house that Escher built
Bonus: After so many architectural absurdities, here’s something for people who complain about not reaching the kitchen cabinets... It’s the only explanation we found for this “design.”
In the city where you live, is there any famous work of urban planning like the ones we have compiled in our article? Share a picture with us in the comments! We are curious to see how creative some of the “architects” in your country can be!