15+ Pics Worthy of the “Book of Wow”
The interjection “Wow!”, used to describe surprise and admiration, has Scottish origins and it can be traced all the way back to the 1500s. Hundreds of years later, we still use the same word whenever we see something amazing and we can’t find another way to describe what we’ve just experienced.
When Bright Side first saw the pine cone bird, we knew we must follow its path and fly around to find equally interesting pics, and here are our results — we hope they’ll put a smile on your face.
1. “This is what a raven’s mouth looks like.”
2. “The happiest potato I’ve ever seen”
3. “My friend found this lemon today amongst normal lemons.”
4. “Rainbow on the horizon. Origin is behind the curve.”
5. “The result of a moose scratching its antlers against a tree during shedding season”
6. “Me demonstrating how big traffic signals actually are”
7. Photographer Nejib Ahmed surprised a spotted deer wearing 2 beautiful birds as antler decorations.
8. “A melanistic garden snail. I’ve never seen one before!”
9. “Last summer I found out a 2-tailed gecko.”
10. “The inside of a pine cone”
11. “My rescued morphed axolotls have a gene that makes them glow green under black light.”
12. “Lizard shaped hole in the sidewalk”
13. “This tree fell down, refused to die, and grew back up.”
14. This is a rare, melanistic beaver.
15. “Eclipse shadows through a tree”
16. “An incredibly rare tri-clawed lobster”
17. “I came across a fresh wolf print while lost.”
18. This little bird wearing a rainbow as a dress, complete with rainbow bangs.
19. This bird looks like a pine cone.
If you could put together a real Book of Wow, what would you like to put on its cover? Have you ever taken a picture of something rare that you’d like to share with us? Leave them in the comments and let’s spread the wow!