20 Remarkable People Who Gave 101% for Someone Else
Some people put their whole hearts into serving others, even if they don’t get paid for it. They go above and beyond to make sure everyone is treated with the care and respect they deserve. And sometimes they do it in a way that’s fun too, like the principal who dressed up as Batman and went up on the roof to greet kids in the morning, or the grandad who built a backyard roller coaster for his grandkids.
Bright Side created this list to highlight some outstanding people who went the extra mile for someone else.
1. “During my wrist surgery, the surgeon incised around my tattoo. He could’ve not cared and cut right through it.”
2. “My wife took our cat to the vet and my son told the vet his toy dinosaur was feeling bad, so the vet gave it an X-ray...”
3. “I built a backyard roller coaster for my grandkids.”
4. A bridal shop that makes sure all brides are represented in their window displays
5. “My nephew’s principal dressed up as Batman to greet the kids this morning.”
6. “My sister-in-law made this for me because I love Reese’s.”
7. “This flight attendant putting forth extraordinary effort to help out this older lady”
8. “A good officer performing a simple act of public service”
9. “This NYC cab driver giving up his AC to keep customers cool in the heat”
10. “A guitar I customized for a friend”
11. “The Doubletree Hotel asked what brought me to the area. I said on the phone that my son was turning 4. This was in the room when we showed up.”
12. “A young Enterprise employee spent 30 minutes making sure this disabled individual picked the perfect van for her next trip!”
13. “My old physics professor, Dr. Johnson, watching a student’s child during a tutoring session”
14. “A table and couch/lounger set I made for my wife”
15. “Delivery guys who put in the extra effort to decrease the chance of your package getting stolen are the real MVPs.”
16. Customer service level: extreme
17. “The customer wanted as much tomato on the burger as we could fit...”
18. “This bus driver got out of the bus and put himself in the way so the kids wouldn’t get injured by a careless driver.”
19. “A handmade treehouse for the kiddos”
20. “My son wanted to go as Fix-It Felix Jr., so we built an arcade machine to go over his chair.”
Has anyone ever gone the extra mile while doing something nice for you? Tell us your best stories and show us any photos you might have in the comments. We’re excited to see what you have to share with us!