14 Celebrities Who Chose to Ignore Beauty to Play a Role
Although beauty has become an essential part of Hollywood, there are a few actors that value acting over appearance. For them, professional acting means being able to replicate real life, which in some ways, means having to leave their polished looks behind. In a way, it’s a statement that goes against the idea that physical beauty is the most important asset of an actor.
So, as a tribute to all those actors and actresses who decided to break the stereotype of donning the perfect body, Bright Side put together a compilation showing how some of the best-looking people in Hollywood decided to leave perfection behind and bring new meaning to beauty that goes far beyond the physical.
1. Charlize Theron — Monster
2. Matthew McConaughey — Gold
3. Uma Thurman — Batman & Robin
4. Christian Bale — American Hustle
5. Anne Hathaway — The Princess Diaries
6. James Franco — Spring Breakers
7. Gwyneth Paltrow — Shallow Hal
8. Vanessa Hudgens — Gimme Shelter
9. Mariah Carey — Precious
10. Bill Skarsgård — IT
11. Tom Cruise — Tropic Thunder
12. Cameron Diaz — Being John Malkovich
13. Christine Lakin — The Hottie & The Nottie
14. Angelina Jolie — Girl Interrupted
What do you think of actors who decide to leave behind standard looks and explore new appearances on stage? Do you think that they have an impact on what society dictates as beauty? Let us know in the comments!