12 Actors That Brilliantly Played Several Characters in One Movie
According to the Guinness World Records, the most screen credits for a living actor is 857 acknowledged film roles. And even though portraying different people throughout a long acting career is impressive, only a handful of actors have the opportunity to portray several roles in the same film. And we must admit that it takes a special kind of talent and skill to be able to switch between 2 or even 20 characters on the set of a movie or series.
Bright Side admires these actors who can so brilliantly embody multiple roles simultaneously, and we sometimes forget that it’s the same person behind them all. Here are some performers who amazed us with their chameleon abilities.
1. Cate Blanchett — 13 different characters, Manifesto (2015)
2. Mike Myers — Austin Powers, Dr. Evil, Fat Bastard and Goldmember, Austin Powers films (1997, 1999, and 2002)
3. Natalie Portman — Ines and Alice, Goya’s Ghosts (2006)
4. Ralph Fiennes — Ignatz Sonnenschein, Adam Sors, and Ivan Sors, Sunshine (1999)
5. Queen Latifah — Marissa Redman and Dee Dee, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990 — 1996)
6. Donald Glover — Earnest “Earn” Marks and Teddy Perkins, Atlanta (2016 — present)
7. Bella Heathcote — Victoria Winters and Josette du Pres, Dark Shadows (2012)
8. Jack Nicholson — President James Dale and Art Land, Mars Attacks! (1996)
9. Amy Adams — Amelia Earhart and Tess, Night At The Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009)
10. Tobias Menzies — Frank and Jack Randall, Outlander (2014 — present)
11. Rose Abdoo — Berta and Gypsy, Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life (2016)
12. James McAvoy — 24 different personalities, Glass (2019)
Do you have a favorite among these movies and series? Which movie would you add to this list?