13 People Helped Others to Survive the Polar Vortex, and It Warmed Our Hearts
The recent winter storms have caused people of all walks of life to experience cold temperatures and storms they never could have imagined. However, the polar vortex has also become a time when people showed kindness and the power of the human spirit to others in need.
We at Bright Side know these heartwarming stories of kindness during the polar vortex will make your day. Don’t forget to check out our bonus feature where we give thanks to those who’ve helped.
1. This police officer rescued and eventually adopted a kitten trapped in the snow.
2. This “Wall of Love” in Cleveland is made up of bags of winter care packages left for people who need them.
3. These firefighters in Iowa helped deliver a baby during the storm...and even helped shovel the driveway.
4. This woman named Candice Payne helped 100 people find shelter during the storm in Chicago.
5. This teenager helped his mother deliver medication with a snowmobile.
6. According to this Reddit post, a woman left food outside during the polar vortex in order to help local squirrels find food during the storm.
7. The Muscatine City Hall staff in Iowa handmade blankets for homeless shelters during the Christmas season to help the Muscatine Center for Social Action.
8. A man in Toronto went viral after shoveling a major road by himself to help release stuck cars.
9. This Wildlife Rehab Center in Michigan went into overdrive to help local animals, including opossums that were frozen to the sidewalk.
10. An 11-year-old girl from Los Angeles raised over $60,000 to help Chicago’s homeless during the polar vortex.
11. The Willis Dady Homeless Shelter and The Cedar Rapids Library in Iowa extended hours to help those in need stay out of the cold.
12. Volunteers helped rescue a dog named Woody that went missing during the polar vortex across different states.
13. This Reddit user took in a little bird who couldn’t fly off the sidewalk so he could rest by the heater.
Bonus: Here’s a shout-out to all the firefighters who risked their lives to help during this storm.
Do you know any stories of people who showed kindness during the polar vortex? Let us know!