15 Nostalgic Photos That Show Why Princess Diana Was a Gorgeous Woman
We bet that every young girl wanted to be Princess Diana 30 years ago. And no wonder! She wasn’t just a member of the royal family, but also a queen in people’s hearts. No matter how much time passes, looking at her photos always invokes a sense of nostalgia and inspires us. There is a special magic about this woman.
We at Bright Side found some photos of Lady Diana that will warm your heart. There is also a nice bonus for you at the end of the article.
1. Her style became legendary and timeless.
2. Her street style is totally in fashion nowadays.
3. Her love for hats appeared at an early age.
4. Her balance between aristocracy and friendliness could literally conquer anyone.
5. Her ability to connect with other people was priceless.
6. Her manners helped her to find a common language with anyone from aristocrats to simple people.
7. Her belief in a better world united kind-hearted people everywhere.
8. Her elegance made her a role model for many women and girls.
9. Her age was never an obstacle for her youthfulness.
10. Her looks inspired designers to create new collections.
11. Her individuality was very strong. Diana always knew what she wanted and no seasonal trends could change her taste.
12. Her kind eyes made Diana feel so accessible to nearly everyone.
13. Her humanity was why she was called the “queen of people’s hearts.”
14. Her contribution to the world will be never forgotten.
15. Her dance with John Travolta became legendary.
Bonus: The story behind Princess Diana’s dance with John Travolta.
It all happened at a ball at the White House that was hosted by President Ronald Reagan in 1985. Princess Diana was very happy because she was going to finally meet and dance with her “hero,” ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov, whom she admired very much.
But her dream was never fulfilled. Nancy Reagan insisted that the first dance should be performed between Princess Di and actor John Travolta: “I didn’t know or expect to dance with Princess Diana, and it was the president’s wife, Nancy Reagan, that said, ‘It was her wish.’ At midnight, I had to tap her on her shoulder, and I had to say, ’Would you care to dance’.”
The world never saw Diana’s dance with Baryshnikov, but we definitely got another beautiful story.
Which was your favorite picture of Lady Diana? Please, share your memories of her in the comments below and share this article with your friends!
Preview photo credit United States Federal Government / commons.wikimedia.org