Prove Your Logic Skills by Solving These 14 Matchstick Puzzles
Visual puzzles increase our attention span and ability to notice small details, or in simpler words, our power of observation. And if we add a logical challenge into the mix, we have a perfect combination to train the mind and get our logical juices flowing.
Bright Side prepared 14 visual puzzles in which you’ll have to move a few matches in your head, but you can also do the exercise with real matches (without lighting them). To find out the correct answer, just tap on each picture. At the end of the article, you’ll find a bonus feature that will help you solve some of the puzzles too — but that also presents one last unsolved one.
1. Remove 4 matches to keep 5 squares only.
2. Move 2 matches so that the cherry is out of the cup.
3. Make the animal look back by moving only 2 matches.
4. Fix the equation by adding only 1 match.
5. Move 3 matches so that the lobster points its claws downward instead of upward as it’s doing now in the picture.
6. Move 1 match so that this fraction of a seventh, written in Roman numerals, equals 1.
7. Move 3 matches to get 2 squares out of this spiral.
8. Turn these 3 matches into 6 without breaking any of them.
9. Move 4 matches to get 3 squares out of the existing 2.
10. Move 3 matches to form 3 triangles of equal size.
11. Fix the equation by moving only 1 match.
12. Move 3 matches to turn this candle into a hat.
13. From this number, 5,008, make the highest possible number by moving only 2 matches.
14. Move 5 matches to balance this scale.
Bonus: This video shows all the correct answers and leaves you with an extra puzzle to solve at the end!
Were you able to solve them all? Do you think your friends or family could do better? Test them by sharing this article with them!