25 Great Quotes from Dale Carnegie That Make Us Want to Enjoy Our Life to the Full
Dale Carnegie was many things... writer, journalist, psychologist, educator. He believed that there are no bad people in the world, just that there are unpleasant circumstances that can be overcome without spoiling someone's life and damping their spirits. These are the very things highlighted in his books and lectures.
There are different attitudes towards Carnegie's works; some people read his books, others don't. Everyone makes their own choice - some people act, and others just drift. Bright Side has collected 25 quotes from Dale Carnegie that we can be thankful for.
- Every man is a damn fool for at least five minutes every day. Wisdom consists in not exceeding the time limit.
- If you want to gather honey, don't destroy the beehive.
- The load of tomorrow, added to that of yesterday, carried today, makes the strongest falter.
- A smile costs nothing but gives much.
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
- When the fight begins within himself, a man's worth something.
- Of course your husband has a lot of drawbacks. If he had none, he would never marry you!
- Keep busy. It's the cheapest kind of medicine there is on this earth--and one of the best.
- The expression one wears on one's face is far more important than the clothes one wears on one's back.
- If you want to change people - why not begin on yourself? That is a lot more profitable and a lot less dangerous.
- Imagine the worst-case scenario your behavior can cause, accept it in advance and act!
- Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
- The secret of being miserable is to have leisure to bother about whether you are happy or not.
- Every day is a new life to a wise man.
- Many people call a doctor when all they want is an audience.
- Let us remember "little pitchers have big ears" - and watch what we say.
- People are not interested in you. They are not interested in me. They are interested in themselves - morning, noon and after dinner.
- There is no tomorrow. The day of man's salvation is now.
- Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you. Be afraid of the friends who flatter you.
- There you are; human nature in action, wrongdoers, blaming everybody but themselves.
- Fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind.
- Arouse in the other person an eager want. He who can do this has the whole world with him.
- A strong desire to learn something is 50% of success.
- Act as if you were already happy and that will tend to make you happy.
- The only way in this world one can ever hope to be loved is to stop asking for it and start pouring out love without hope to return.