8 Hair Products That’ll Give You Exactly What You Paid For, According to Reviews
To have perfect hair, stylists recommend rinsing the shampoo for 5 minutes. Yes, those sneaky invisible shampoo remnants can ruin your hair color and lead to an unexpected snowfall on your shoulders. And there are so many other things you can do to make your strands healthy and shiny.
We’ve got your back with these hair goodies that have already won the hearts (and scalps) of countless customers. Prepare for a shower of compliments!
1. Get a really great hairstyle with no heat or damage thanks to these flexible curlers! Just curl your slightly damp hair, and you’ll have elegant waves in half an hour.
It already has over 33,000 positive reviews.
- If you sleep with them, it might be a bit uncomfortable.
- It will take a little longer to style your hair than with a curling iron.
I love this curling option for my hair. My white hair turns yellow using a curling iron (my hair actually burns). Using these rods is great. The entire pack comes in multiple sizes and is color-coded.
I find them quite effective in curling my hair; I can leave them in for 30 minutes for a soft wave or overnight for a curl. Yes, they’re not that bad to sleep on! The quality is superior; great value! @Janis K. McDonnell
2. This mask knows no barriers to improve the condition of any even the most damaged hair! Especially in summer, it will prevent hair damage from extreme heat or sun exposure.
It already has over 33,000 positive reviews.
- Easy to use — hold after shampooing for 5–20 minutes and rinse off.
- It contains many beneficial ingredients, including collagen to make your hair silky like after a visit to a beauty salon.
- The volume of 100 ml (3.38 ounces) may not be long enough.
- It has a strong musky scent.
Made a real difference with my hair. It’s now soft and strong, with very little frizz. Make sure to follow directions; it’s not just an in-shower hair mask, and the only directions in English are a couple lines on the side of the box, not on the tube itself. It says to shampoo and rinse hair, towel dry, then leave on for 10 to 20 minutes and rinse in tepid water.
The first time I used it, I did not do this; I put it in my hair like a normal conditioner without drying it first and rinsed with hot water. My face was bright red for an hour or more after my shower, and it felt like I had a sunburn. So don’t do that. I have since followed the directions and not had a problem. I use this once a week for about 10 minutes, and it’s like I have new hair! @Nikki H
3. It’s not just a regular hairbrush! Its unique plastic bristles are tapered to separate the hair to the sides, not down, gently untangling even the toughest tangles without traumatizing the scalp.
It already has over 62,000 positive reviews.
- It is suitable for all hair types and also for wet ones.
- Its soft cone-shaped bristles massage the scalp and improve circulation, which can help accelerate hair growth.
- It is available in many colors.
- The length of the bristles may not be long enough for very thick straight hair.
- The small handle may not fit comfortably in the hand.
There’s something about the way the bristles massage your scalp that makes this brush feel amazing! It’s not rough at all; it feels great, and it detangles knots so easily! The bristles are actually pretty good at combing off dandruff from the scalp and midsections of hair.
My boyfriend, his mom, and my dad have borrowed my brush and have asked me to order them one too! And we all have different hair types. My dad and I have 3B curls and thin hair with a lot of volume (and knots), my boyfriend and his mom have oily 2C waves and thick hair. But we all love using this brush ❤️ @Anne
4. This is an oil for hair, eyelashes and eyebrows that really works. It contains no silicone, dyes or sulfates, only castor oil!
It already has over 52,000 positive reviews.
- The volume of 473 ml (16 fl. oz.) is enough for a very long time.
- Its applicator cap makes oil applying easy and mess-free.
- Good for dry hair.
- It has a specific scent.
- You should check for allergies before applying it to your scalp.
- You need to leave the oil on your hair for a long time — at least an hour.
I’ve been using it on and off for years. Every time I start using it again, my hair becomes soft and silky and looks thicker and more healthy. Then I wonder why I stopped using it!
I just bought a bottle a few weeks ago, and my hair already looks better. The packaging is different — way better — and they added this pointy tip, which makes it way less messy to apply. Nice surprise! @Sarah N Galusha
5. You can achieve voluminous and not frizzy hair really in one step. Using this blow-dryer with a round brush, you can quickly style your hair like in a salon.
It already has over 52,000 positive reviews.
- Its shape saves you from having to use a styling comb.
- It has 3 heating modes.
- It conducts 30% less hair frizz after drying compared to a regular hairdryer.
- It may not be suitable for curly hair.
- You need to use it carefully as the hot air will be very close to your head while drying the roots.
I love this hair dryer/volumizer! Before using the volumizer, I let my hair air dry a bit or use a regular hair dryer for a couple of minutes until my hair isn’t sopping wet. I have long, thick hair, though, so if you have thinner hair, you could probably use the volumizer right away. Then I part my hair into a few sections and run the volumizer through each section 1–3 times to dry it. I only use the high heat because of my hair type, and when it’s dry, I run back through it with the cool setting, though I am not sure that does much.
This tool makes it so much easier to dry and style my hair at the same time. I always felt like I needed more hands to do my hair when one was holding the hair dryer and the other a round brush. Also, I have wavy hair and usually have to use a flat iron after blow-drying it, but I don’t have to do that with this volumizer. I highly recommend it! @Christina A
6. To save a lot of time dyeing your hair roots before an important event or just in case, use this spray! Just a one second- and the roots are no longer gray.
It already has over 48,000 positive reviews.
- 2 pieces are included.
- Many colors are available to match yours.
- Very quick application and lasts until you wash your head.
- You need to be careful with the application as it can dye your scalp and fingers too.
- It’s quite difficult to choose the right color, so check out the reviews.
I wish that a product like this came out a while ago. I actually used this to give my hair a break from hair dye, and my hair grew. Does cover gray hair wonderfully. It does feel like hair spray in one’s hair. So know that you do not need a lot of it.
I would just recommend it for the roots, not the rest of your hair. I also recommend using it carefully; it can be hard to wash off. @#simplyhonest
It already has over 21,000 positive reviews.
- Its composition even provides a nourishment to the hair.
- It is suitable for all hair types and even for children.
- If you have thick hair and do a high ponytail, the brush can get tangled in the hair.
- Too much gel can make hair look greasy.
This product is great if you have all of those baby hairs that can’t be tamed. Once I finish my hair, I always use this last, as it makes those hairs lay down so easily. I will say that it doesn’t always last me all night, but definitely for a few hours. I’m so thankful for this product, though, because it helps with humidity too! @Maddie Simerly
8. And finally indispensable hair clips that can come in handy at any time! They are big enough to hold thick hair well.
It already has over 29,000 positive reviews.
- It comes with 4 pieces of different colors.
- Also available in other clip shapes and colors.
- They are made of matte material that will not rust and will not lose color for a long time.
- If you have thick hair that’s below the shoulder blades, it may be difficult to fix the bundle.
- They are light in weight and therefore fragile.
The longer size is perfect for distribution the weight of your hair for less pull. What I really love is using one at night at the crown of my head for a “high bun” look. It is very comfortable to sleep in that position, and the hair ends are off my face, protecting me from damaging friction during sleep. That matte finish is perfect; it doesn’t seize or draw attention and seems much less likely to slip than shiny plastic! @Amazon Customer
We have to admit that a good hairstyle gives us a little confidence to feel good though. And we’re lucky to know Amazon to find a lot of even inexpensive products that can improve our beauty routine.
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post. Reviews could have been edited for length and clarity.