An Artist Adds Emotions to the “Lion King’s” Heroes, and the Results Outshine the Movie
The new Lion King movie sparked a war of opinions. While some people believe that it is a wonderful remake, others say that despite everything cool about the film, “It was missing the most important piece of what made it such a classic... Emotion!” Nikolay Mochkin, an artist from Russia, decided to show what the heroes would look like if reality and cartoon were combined. And the result may raise a warm wave of nostalgia.
Bright Side compared the actual scenes from the movie and the artist’s work. We are sure that the contrast will impress you.
13. “From the day we arrived on the planet, and blinking, stepped into the sun, there’s more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done.”
12. “Awimbawe, awimbawe, awimbawe, awimbawe!”
11. “It’s the circle of life, and it moves us all.”
10. “Look beyond what you see.”
9. “Simba, we need you. Come home.”
8. “No one needs me. I’m not the King! Scar is.”
7. “Kill him.”
6. “Remember who you are.”
5. "I am Simba, son of Mufasa."
4. “Run away, Simba. And never return.”
3. “Simba, I’m very disappointed! You could have been killed! You deliberately disobeyed me.”
2. “The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”
1. “Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you.”
Which version do you like more — the realistic or the cartoonish one?