15 Times We Wanted to Send Designers a Virtual Hug for Their Inventions
The first rule of interior design is: chose your hero. A central piece that can make a statement about this space as a whole. It can be a bold color or an unusual shape and size — something that surprises and makes people immediately fall in love with it. But good design is also all about functionality: be it a multi-tasking bed or an ambidextrous computer mouse, it should make our lives better.
Bright Side adores both aesthetics and practicality, so we gathered a collection of things that can make our lives more beautiful and comfortable at the same time.
1. Earring earphone holders look stylish and are safe if you keep losing those pesky earpods that are always falling out.
2. Ceiling light straight from Gummi Bears’ adventures
3. Tiny chair socks that prevent scratches on the floor and let you move it silently. Watch out if it starts walking!
4. Egg baskets that come with hens to brood on them
5. “My grandfather invented the shape of Dove soap. Here are some original wooden molds we have in the house.”
6. Sunscreen bottle design: the darker the wood grain, the darker you’ll get.
7. “The mailbox at my local community hospital has R2D2 decals!”
8. This coffee table with a sliding, self-maintained micro-garden is the ultimate plant-parenting hack for small city apartments.
9. Collapsible computer mouse that works for lefties, righties, and ambidextrous alike
10. Public bathrooms in the Netherlands can be raised and lowered into the ground.
11. Backpack with 22L of storage space that allows you to fit your entire wardrobe inside
12. A bear statue peeking inside the building
13. Fire extinguisher art in the form of a firefighter and a scuba diver
14. Groot planters for growing Baby Groots of your own
15. Multi-functional smart bed that leaves you no reason to get out of it
Which bold design decisions have you seen — in a store or on the city streets? Share them with us!