20 Best Smelling Incense Sticks of 2022, Plus Incense Cones That Smell Good
We have been using incense sticks for thousands of years. During this time they have been used for many different purposes like meditation, ceremonies, against insects, and more. However, back then the scents were limited, while today we have so many various fragrances and shapes to choose from, so we can actually find the one we really need.
That’s why we at Bright Side picked the best scents by reading the reviews people left, and we think you’ll find this list very useful. And don’t forget to check out the bonus part, we have really cool incense burners for you.
1. Incense sticks with baby powder scent
- Smells amazing — The smell is delightful. Obviously not 100% identical to baby powder, but about as close to the smell as you can get from a burning stick. I’ve been going through 3 of these a day because they’re so nice. — Rob Hardy
- You only need to burn one as the scent lasts a few hours — The scent lasts even with 1 burnt stick. It also smells amazing and is really good value for money. — Sherena Goodwin
By it on Amazon here
2. Cinnamon incense sticks that were hand-rolled
- So intense — These burned so well, that they set off the fire alarm in my apartment complex. The entire building was evacuated, and I had to leave my shower and apologize to all my incensed neighbors while still soaking wet, with just my winter coat on. One of them said he could smell it all the way in his flat two floors up, which, you know, I’m not surprised at. They’re so intense. — Student Merel
- Good quality — Very good incense sticks. From their appearance, they look handmade.
They go inside the cardboard box without any type of tissue paper or plastic bag. Their size is just right, they are not excessively long, so they can be used on any incense burner. The smell is very good. It will leave an aroma, but the room will not be saturated.
Its price is on the high side, but I think it gives off a good smell, it’s quality, handmade, and without toxic substances. So it’s good value for money. — Mary & Family
3. Incense sticks for red rose lovers
- Delicious, heady scent — Smell like old-fashioned tea roses, and I’ve put a couple of packs between clothes to perfume them until I’ve used all the other packs. Long burning time and leave a gentle, lingering scent when they’ve burned down. Probably the best rose incense I’ve ever bought (and I’ve tried a lot over the years). — Tricia
- A true scent, long-lasting — Really impressed with these, and I’ve tried a lot of incense sticks! Nice true rose scent & good longevity for this price point. Slightly longer delivery time but is worth it. Would buy it again. — Elizabeth
4. Chimera’s breath cones with calming effect
5. Mystical incense sticks set, perfect as a gift
- Scented sticks at their best — We are still purchasing these after several years. The best scented or Jos sticks for us. — Dec Jarvis
- Amazing collection of fantastic scents — These smelt great... I always use Stamford as you know the quality will be perfect. — Regular Buyer
- Really lovely scents — Great set of incense sticks with lovely scents. Made a great birthday present. — JillyMarie
6. Incense sticks for stress relief
- Excellent quality incense sticks — Stamford incense sticks appear to be the go-to brand for many of the reviewers here on Amazon, so I decided to give them a go for my first purchase of Incense.
This pack represents excellent value for money. One stick burns for around an hour, and the scent lasts several days in my flat. It’s great coming home from work at night and walking through the door to this calming scent.
I will likely order more soon. May even include some as Christmas gifts! — Jimmy Beesechurger
7. Incense sticks with a mild Lavander scent
- Smells lovely — I bought this brand in a pack with different scents previously and when I lit this one the first time I thought it was going to smell heavily of lavender. I am not a fan of lavender at all, because it is so strong that it gives me a headache. But anyway, this doesn’t smell strongly of lavender, it is very mild and more of a sweeter scent, but not florally.
The burn time is standard — I don’t know if anyone actually sits there and puts a timer on to see how long it lasts? Maybe I will try it when I write another review.
I loved it so much that I just bought a pack of lavender ones. Quality is ok, but there is one duff one that I found, it didn’t burn continuously and snuffs itself out.- MaMs
8. Dragon’s blood cones, great to get you in a relaxed mood
9. 4 types of incense cones plus a burner, a perfect gift set
- They are great — Small package with big value. Came on time and I love the smell. — Afrah
10. Midnight calm incense sticks that were made in a traditional way
- Divine aroma — Just love these, they are my favorite fragrance, a lot better than other makes. Have used them for a few years now. I store them with my clothes, so things come out of the drawers smelling wonderful. Especially like my pashminas fresh out of the drawer. They are great for getting rid of doggy smells as well. Would recommend it to anyone to try them. — D. E. Whitehead
11. French vanilla incense sticks with mild fragrance that will last long
- Smells amazing — Perfect vanilla scent, not too heavy in smell and just right. This does not have a harsh smell like some and gives my rooms a lovely long-lasting vanilla scent. It came well packaged, and I am very happy with my purchase. — Zoe
- Good value for money and quite a strong aroma — Others have said it doesn’t have a strong aroma, I think it must depend on your sensitivity to perfumes. I used two sticks at the weekend and I can still smell them four days later. — Geena D
12. Incense sticks with authentic agrabatti scent
- Quality incense, the best I’ve found — These are my favorite incense sticks!
Good quality, a nice scent that lasts and doesn’t have an artificial /perfumey smell. Basically, it smells like incense should! Rich, earthy, but sweet, heady, and authentic (if that makes sense).
The scent lingers, which I love, and I put the unopened boxed in my clothes drawers and wardrobe instead of scented drawer liners.
I find I sometimes just burn half a stick and that’s enough to get the room smelling lovely.
I get a lot of positive comments when people pop around my flat if I’ve been burning one of these that day-and always recommend this scent and brand. — hm
13. Plum blossoms incense sticks that don’t release a lot of smoke
- Doesn’t trigger my air purifier — When burning other types of incense, my air purifier always detects the high amount of ’dust particles’ but does not notice this one! I’m not sure what that means, but I take it as a good sign. Nice subtle scent, nothing pungent or nauseating. — melinda csapo
- Best incense I’ve tried — A great step up from the common, cheaper incense. Smells very nice and not too strong, and produces little smoke compared to what I’ve tried. I bought this based on the great reviews I’ve seen all over the internet on them, and they’re definitely right about it being a good one. — lloydyboo1
14. Incense sticks with a strong jasmine blossom scent
- Beautiful smell — Discovered this smell from when I bought a mix of boxes from Satya Nag Champa incense. Lovely smell. Great to be able to buy them in bulk, too. A money saver. — d f watt
- Strong jasmine — What a strong jasmine smell.. wow.. and each box had a free sample of two incense sticks... another aroma. Not sure that’s a regular offer, though. — Sunny Soleil
15. Incense sticks that will give you positive vibes
- Positively uplifting — I have bought a number of the Satya Nag incense sticks over the years and love how well they burn and their beautiful fragrances. When I 1st opened the positive vibes I was a little worried as the fragrance seemed strong and a little off-putting but thought give it a try.
I’m soo glad I did. The burning fragrance is perfect and even hours later I found the floral fragrance lingering in places and a smile coming across my face. Definitely have a positive mood or thoughts with these, and have already ordered more for family and friends. — Andrea M
16. Vampire’s kiss cones, a mix of lavender, musk, and cedar wood
- Long-lasting, lovely fragrance. Prompt delivery — The scent is lovely. No burning smell at all and once finished, the fragrance lingers for a long time. — HoneyBee
- Smells lovely — A very pleasant smell compared to those cones that come with the burners, which smell like nothing. They burn a bit longer too, which is good. — Karen Payne
17. Coconut incense stick for a tropical sensation
- Very pleased — I normally buy the dragons’ blood sticks as they help me sleep better. I suffer from nightmares & sleep paralysis (since I was a baby apparently) and so do my nephews and nieces, including sleepwalking and talking etc. I must admit if I burn one of these in my room for a few hours before bedtime, I sleep like a log!
My nephew used to wake up with night terrors and sleep paralysis, and I bought him a box to burn a few hours before bedtime. It’s been 6 months now and no terrors! — Kelly
18. Apple and cinnamon incense sticks, a fragrance that will fill your entire home
- Beautiful fragrance and good burn time — As a rule, I buy the same scent manufactured under the Stamford brand, so I can offer a fair comparison.
There’s nothing in them above this: I’m ordering some more of these at the weekend, as the additional apple fragrance lends to the overall scent.
Burn time is good, and the fragrances permeates throughout our home with ease. A beautiful fragrance, their value for money is definitely a bonus, and I’m happy to recommend them to prospective buyers. — AJay
19. Collection of 6 types of incense sticks — try out different fragrances
- Really pleasant smell — First time using incense so can’t compare it with any other brands, but the smell is amazing and fills my room and outside my door too really pleasant smell so no complaints from the family. Mine came with the holder, it was right at the bottom under the incense stick boxes.
For mine, I make sure to put the incense sticks fully into the hole, then snap the excess stick or else the leftover stick makes it, so it can topple over really easy, but this way the ash also doesn’t fall past the holder. The Jasmine sticks are my favorite! — Umar Shah
20. Backflow cones with mixed scents
- Beautiful scents — These backflow incense cones came beautifully packaged and separated into 3 tubs, which makes for easy storage and also for sharing with friends and family. I love them so much that I am going to order more so that I can give samples to friends and family! The scents are gorgeous and they burn really well. I’m very impressed with these and 100% recommend them! — Sarah Jones
Bonus: Stylish and cool cone and sticks burners
Wolf and mountain pool backflow incense cone burner
- Fabulous — Really good product. It works well and it looks fab. It takes a good couple of minutes to get going. So don’t panic like I did when nothing happened for the first few minutes. It looks beautiful. — Amazon Customer
Small dragon egg incense cone burner that will fit perfectly anywhere in your home
- Perfect dragon — Perfect item, brought initially as a gift but loved so much brought another for me! Beautiful item, as expected. Delivered on time. — Pamela Ortega
Moon fish incense stick and cone burner, great as a gift too
- Great gift — Bought as a gift for my sister-in-law, and she loves it. — Lynn Sturrock
Mesmerizing waterfall burner
- Lovely — This looks amazing in my living room, it’s like magic. It really does look like a waterfall. Sleek design. — Ruby
Incense sticks burner with crystals
- Beautiful item — Looked bigger in the pic, but is absolutely beautiful. Hold the incense stick well, unlike a lot where the hole is too big. Will buy another as a gift. — BeFreeAll
What is the main reason you use incense sticks or cones? What is your favorite scent?
Bright Side gets commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.