20 Car Hacks That Can Help You Steer Clear of Any Trouble
When it comes to cars, things as simple as opening a door or parking can be done incorrectly. But luckily, there are plenty of automobile hacks and tricks that everyone should know that can make auto care a lot easier on us.
We at Bright Side love helping people learn valuable life hacks, so we’re sharing some from the driver’s side! Don’t forget to check out our bonus that shows, even when you can’t exactly fix something the proper way, you can still do it the “fun” way.
1. Always use your right hand to open the driver’s door or your left hand to open the passenger door — this keeps you from opening it too suddenly.
2. Keep your car’s remote control separate from your keys. Remember: they serve as a backup if you lose the other.
3. When it’s cold outside, park your car facing east since the sun will help defrost your windshield.
4. What’s good for airplanes can be good for cars. Invest in a sun visor for your car windows.
5. Stickers can help block out the blinding sun, too!
6. Toothpaste can help clean your headlights.
7. With some hooks, you can always have paper towels on hand.
8. Keep emergency stuff like a glasscutter safely stored in your car, in case you ever need to cut yourself free.
9. During the winter months, keep your windshield wipers nice and toasty with some warm socks.
10. An old sock can also work wonders when cleaning your headlights.
11. If your car visor is too short...just extend it!
12. Some PVC pipes are all you need to fix a broken air conditioner.
13. A creative antenna really helps with finding your car at night.
14. If a funnel is unavailable when your car needs oil, a piece of paper can work in a pinch.
15. Put your parking tickets in your CD slot when leaving a parking lot so you don’t lose them at the gate.
16. Some gas stations have long enough hoses that work from any side, making fill-ups go a lot faster.
17. When you have to wait in the car, the headrest can be converted into a pillow.
18. For long drives, a cushion and a yoga brick can save you from back pain.
19. Place a bottle cap in your cupholder, so that your drinks stay elevated... and so you’re less likely to accidentally pull off the lid.
20. Keep a hand vac in the car — even the kids will want to help clean it!
Bonus: When your car gets a scratch or dent, get creative!
What are some other car-related life hacks you’ve tried or heard about? Please share them with us in the comments!