20 Clever Beauty Tips That Will Help You Look Gorgeous Every Day
Every girl wants to look perfect everywhere and anywhere. Whether it’s a date night, a night out with the girls or even a day at the gym, we want to look ideal in every way, down to the smallest detail. Unfortunately, living our crazy busy lives, we almost never have time for ourselves.
We here at Bright Side have rounded up some of the best beauty tips that will make your life a whole lot easier, saving you time, energy and money. Get ready to impress everyone you meet!
- Cinnamon and peppermint essential oils are very effective in making your lips appear fuller and brighter. If you are not allergic to these ingredients, you can simply add a few drops of them to your lip balm or lip gloss.
- Coconut and olive oils are great for removing water-resistant makeup. Try this trick and you’ll see that washing your makeup off is easy, even without a face cleanser.
- If your foundation is too thick, you can thin it out by adding some of your favorite moisturizer to it. You can also intensify your too-light foundation by mixing it with some liquid bronzer.
- If you want a fresh, dewy complexion, apply a little bit of cream highlighter on the most prominent parts of your face (nose bridge, cheekbones, chin, center of forehead). In order to visually lift your eyebrows and eyelids, apply a highlighter above the eyebrows and blend it towards your forehead.
- When it comes to getting glowing, radiant skin, mix one tablespoon of baking soda to your gel face wash or cleansing milk. Apply this mixture on your face, gently massage it for a few seconds, and then wash it off with warm water. Repeat this procedure 2-3 times a week.
- When your favorite mascara starts getting dry, you can revive it by adding a few drops of saline solution to the tube or by placing it in a bowl of hot water for 5 minutes.
- You don’t have to throw away your broken powder makeup (powder, eyeshadow or blush). In fact, you can easily fix it. Just add a few drops of rubbing alcohol to the compact, smooth the powder and alcohol with a knife and let it dry overnight. The next day, all the alcohol will have evaporated and you won’t have to buy new makeup.
- If some of your favorite polishes have become hard to open, too thick, or difficult to apply, try fixing it with hot water. Place the bottle in very hot water for a few minutes, then take it out, shake, and apply on your nails while it is still warm.
- Twist your hair and cut all the stray hairs that are sticking out. This is a great way to get rid of split ends at home without going to a hair salon.
- Hairspray works great to tame your eyebrows and keep them in place. Spray a little hairspray on an old mascara wand and run it across your eyebrows.
- Baby powder or cornstarch are perfect for using as a dry shampoo. Use this trick when you need to refresh your hair quickly.
- In order to create vertical curls, twist sections of hair and iron from the roots towards the ends with your straightener. Then spray your hair with hairspray.
- A classic skincare cream applied to the ends of your hair before going to bed will make your hair shiny and smooth.
- In order to prevent blisters when you’re wearing new shoes, apply some clear deodorant on your feet or use a crumbly powder.
- Warm your eyelash curlers with a hairdryer for a few seconds before using them. This trick will help you keep your lashes curled longer.
- When doing your nails, use Vaseline or an ordinary school glue around your nails. The excess polish comes off easily once it’s dry.
- Paint your nails with your base color. Then attach tape with holes firmly and apply a different colored polish. Let the polish dry and remove the tape. Your nail design is ready! Enjoy!
- Softly rub Vaseline all over your perfume points before applying fragrance and your scent will last longer.
- Take two elastic bands and separate your hair into two ponytails, one above the other. This simple trick can visually add thickness and texture to your hair, making it look longer.
- Pimples always seem to show up at a time when you need them the least. Don’t panic! Soak cotton pads in eye drops, put them in the freezer for a few minutes, and then gently press the cotton pad on top of the zit. In 20 minutes, your blood vessels will contract, thereby taking away the redness and bringing down inflammation.
- Dissolve 2 aspirin pills, a vitamin A capsule, 1 tbsp of sea salt and some vegetable oil in 200 ml of water. Put your hands into the dish for 10 minutes and then blot them with a paper towel.
Preview photo credit lishu