20 Cats Who Accidentally Broke Their “Default” Settings
Although cats, like humans, have different personalities, they have a lot in common when it comes to their behavior. A love for boxes and rustling packages, nightly races around the house, and attempts to assassinate houseplants — most cat-lovers know all about these things firsthand. But sometimes, these animals have truly inexplicable habits and traits that make their owners wonder if their pets are from another planet.
We at Bright Side wants to make sure you know all about cats’ different personality quirks, and we’re anxious to introduce you to these fluffy weirdos who can’t surprise their owners with anything anymore.
1. “We just got our engagement photos and this is probably one of my favorites!”
2. “My cat only drinks water from the sink, and only the water that runs off of his head.”
3. “He steals potatoes and walks around the house carrying them like a boss.”
4. “My cat raises her paw to get attention.”
5. “She wets her belly in the sink and sits on the toilet tank while I’m going to the bathroom.”
6. “My cat is constantly trying to steal food from me, so I have to close the kitchen door. And while I eat, he doesn’t take his eyes off me from outside the door.”
7. “Other cats bring dead mice to people as trophies. Our cat brought a stick he found from the garden.”
8. “I have no idea how he got there. But he cried until I came to look at him.”
9. “My cat drinks her water by dipping her belly into the bowl and then licking the water off of her fur.”
10. “Ghost makes this face when he wants to be pet.”
11. “She likes to climb into the drawer from the back. Sometimes, she surprises me when I open it.”
12. Someone has to explain how the laws of physics work to this cat.
13. “She enjoys warming her rear end in the hot stream of air from the laptop.”
14. “Some people drink tea with their pinkies up. My cat drinks like this.”
15. “My cat loves to pretend she’s a figurine.”
16. “My cat always lines up my 9-year-old son’s socks.”
17. “Our cat likes laying on his back, on top of the cabinets, with his eyes wide open, just staring at the ceiling.”
18. “She sits like this and waits for someone to put ice in her water every morning.”
19. “My cat doesn’t know how to be a cat.”
20. “This is how my cat begs for food.”
What habits do your pets have that make them look like weirdos?