20 Older Pets Whose Age Is Only Proportional to the Love They Give to Their Humans
The love that dogs and cats give to their humans throughout their lives is so strong that it goes beyond words. Taking care of them in their old age is a way to recognize their love and a true tribute to everything they have done for us. That’s why Reddit users decided to capture, in pictures, what their furry companions look like in their old age, and, in doing so, they wanted to express how much they love them and how much they value their presence as the years go by.
Bright Side joins this well-deserved tribute to the senior dogs and cats who have given the best years of their lives to make their owners smile thousands of times.
1. “It’s official. August is the oldest known, oldest living Golden Retriever! She turned 20 years old on April 24, 2020. Happy Birthday Augie!”
2. “Just turned 21 years old. He has accompanied me through my teenage years, college, marriage, and was still able to meet my 4-month-old baby. Thank you for a lifetime of companionship... I love you with all my 💓.”
3. “And I never thought that 17 years later, my best friend would live to meet my first child.”
4. “Today my cat is 17 years old!”
5. “My wife and I just adopted this sweet old dude.”
6. “Happy 15th Birthday to my best friend!”
7. “My dog Lexi is turning 10 soon. Through college, 3 cities, 2 apartments, and our first real house — anywhere we go, we go together.”
8. “This guy’s been with me through elementary, middle, and now high school, and today he just turned 9 years old.”
9. “11 years ago today, this derpy angel fell from heaven and into my arms.”
10. “My old friend is approaching 16 years old, yet he is still as fresh as he ever was. Today he wanted to cuddle, so I guess my chores will have to wait.”
11. “Before, my job required me to travel all over the world and I loved it. But what I love even more, is being able to look at this face all day, every day. The sweetest distraction while working from home.”
12. “My Buddy is 18 years old today!”
13. “18 years ago I agreed to foster Tuna until he found a home. My best friend is now 20 years old and still going strong.”
14. “My old girl is still up and running at 15 years old — I give her the biggest hugs and tell her she’s loved every single day because I will never know when she decides it’s time. 🖤”
15. “17 years later she is still my baby.”
16. “Meet Ramble. He’s been my best friend for 14 years and is, of course, the goodest boy.”
17. “My 19-year-old Fritz, content in his favorite spot under the table”
18. “He may not be a cutie but my boy turned 25 (human years) today and I wanted to share his beauty with all of you.”
19. Graphic description of the love and care that you can only see in an older dog.
20. “6 years on the streets. 3 years in the shelter. 13 years old and she’s finally home. 😊”
How many years have you had your pet with you? What is your fondest memory of your pet? Can you share a picture of it with us? We’d be glad to see it!