20 Photos That Show How Animals Can Be More Caring Than Us
We might think that only people are capable of experiencing feelings, but as it turns out, animals can also feel empathy, joy, and love. And, as the examples below show, their acts of compassion are pure and honest, showing us that there’s a lot to learn from them.
Bright Side is all about love, care, and empathy in all shapes and sizes, and these 20 pics will show you that animals are just as capable as we are (if not more) of showing compassion toward one another.
1. “He acts like he doesn’t care, but he’s the best cat dad ever. Banjo won’t move unless Snacks does.”
2. “My cat always holds my hand and stays with me whenever I’m feeling down.”
3. A puppy taking care of a foster kitten
4. This adopted pit can’t stop hugging its new owner.
5. Recently came home from deployment. My sweet pup stared like this the entire drive home from the airport.
6. 3 lion cubs feeding on the milk of a mother dog
7. An orangutan lending a helping hand to a man clearing away snakes from a conservation forest area
8. Hugging each other before going to the vet
9. Helping their shorter friend get some snacks
10. “The baby was crying while I was in the bathroom but suddenly stopped. I came out to find this.”
11. “My rabbit is 10 years old and has trouble cleaning himself now. Colby stepped up to the plate.”
12. The cat holds this sick doggo’s hand to comfort it when it’s sick.
13. “Our goat lost her mother when she was very young. Since that day, our llama has not left our goat’s side.”
14. A baby hippo was separated from his family by a tsunami. This 103-year-old tortoise became his best friend.
15. A mother cat nursing a baby skunk who lost its mom
16. After being missing for 4 days, this dog was found protecting these orphaned kitties.
17. We all need a friend like this.
18. Guarding the ducks so they can eat in peace
19. “Digby protects Newt whenever there are fireworks outside. When she gets nervous and shakes, he licks her head.”
20. “Our herding dog spent the day guarding Bambi until the mom came! Wilson is a dang good boy.”
Have you witnessed similar acts of compassion in the animal world? Share any pics that portray animal empathy in the comment section below.
Preview photo credit GarroFarms / Reddit
Bright Side/Animals/20 Photos That Show How Animals Can Be More Caring Than Us
Share This Article