31 Betrayed Pets That Realized They Were Being Taken to the Vet
Most people won’t go to the doctor if they don’t really need to — nobody likes tests. But we care about our pets much more, so when we have a tiny suspicion that something is wrong with their health, we take them to the vet right away. And there are so many other things that happen to them there — nail trims, injections, and other procedures! It is no wonder that animals easily associate the vet clinic with scary things and start fighting right when they see it.
Bright Side has collected 31 pets that, despite their size, do everything to avoid seeing the vet. At the end of the article, there is a story showing that animals still have some love left for vets despite their fears.
1. “Where are you taking me? I hope we’re going to the park!”
2. “He’s not sure if we’re going to the park or to the vet.”
3. “2 of my cats got into a fight. The loser had to go to the vet and get his tail shaved.”
4. “But I don’t wanna go to the vet.”
5. “He’s going to tell me that I’m fat again!”
6. “And then I’ll have nothing to eat.”
7. “At first he was excited to go to the vet and then he got that oh no face!”
8. “Scared boy waiting to see the vet”
9. “Anything to escape from the vet”
10. “Or you could climb somewhere. Maybe, they’ll forget about you.”
11. “He thought the sink would be the most secure place.”
12. “Let’s just all go home!”
13. Someone is being a little too dramatic.
14. And someone is making the situation seem scarier that it really is.
15. “My cat found out that we’re going to the vet.”
16. “My cat after sterilization. We’re going to have a serious conversation back home.”
17. “Nobody likes going to the doctor.”
18. “When he takes you to the vet instead of the park.”
19. “Every time I take her to the vet she gets as close as she possibly can to me and absolutely will not leave!”
20. Animals think that if they don’t see you, you don’t exist.
21. Many animals do that.
22. Or, you could pretend to be a human who brought a cat to the vet.
23. The most important thing is to be creative.
24. “What is this place?”
25. “Who’s going to the vet today?”
26. Only some animals are able to remain calm.
27. And some love visiting clinics because they might find new friends there.
28. The exact moment she realized she was heading to the vet.
29. “My friend’s dogs think they’re going to the vet when in reality they are headed to the park.”
30. “What are you doing back there?”
31. “Met this terrified German Shepherd pup at a shot clinic this weekend.”
Bonus: Thank you vets, for your work!
Many people have seen huge dogs using any means possible to avoid going to the vet, including paws and teeth. It could be easy for them to run away, but they don’t dare show their aggression to a person who is trying to help. Animals are very grateful creatures that never forget the good things we do for them. Just look how happy this dog is to see the vet that saved his life:
Smokey (the dog above) has a very sad story. Smokey was found tied to a tree and there were a lot of burn marks on his body. He had to have blood transfusions for a week, the vets changed his bandages and performed other procedures to try to improve his physical state. Thanks to the vet who wasn’t scared to approach the dog and save him, Smokey now believes in people. He turned from a scared and aggressive dog into a grateful friend. You can see the original photo of the dog and learn more information here. Smokey still has a long way to go, both physically and emotionally, but we are sure that he can do it as long as there are good people around him.
How does your pet react to vets? Tell us in the comment section below!