14 Times We Came Across Something Vintage and Felt a Wave of Nostalgia
Prized possessions of those who came before us are either passed down to a new generation or become lost. No matter their fate, they are often forgotten about as time goes by. So it’s a special moment when they get rediscovered. From an eighteenth-century pendant to romantic old photos, the Internet is a well full of treasures people decided to share with the world.
Bright Side now invites you to embark on a magical journey by revisiting older generations.
1. “I found my mom’s old photo where she’s swooning from Clint Eastwood’s touch.”
2. “Discovered tucked between the pages of a secondhand textbook I bought”
3. “My great-grandmother painted this picture 90 years ago and it hung in my house growing up. Yesterday, I found the spot!”
4. “A silver pendant I came across while metal-detecting is dated from 227 years ago.”
5. “This came inside a secondhand book I’m reading, and it’s from ’Julie’s wedding’ in 1992.”
6. “This is my girlfriend’s grandmother meeting Johnny Cash in 1964. She was so nervous that he tickled her to make her smile.”
7. “I was given a copy of my grandmother’s sketchbook from high school, 1943.”
8. “My grandfather left me this 17 years ago, and I’ve only just discovered it. This is my grandma in the 1940s.”
9. “A Roman coin I found in France while metal-detecting from the era of Emperor Constantine I”
10. “I found slides in a collapsing house that are dated 1973.”
11. “A lock of hair from 1879 that was in a book about the meaning of flowers.”
The note reads: “From a friend, Mabel Hall, March 20, 1879”
12. “I love old photos and couldn’t let this one go while I was thrifting around. These 2 radiate happiness.”
13. “Last week we discovered that my Nana’s camera still had undeveloped film in it from 1970.”
14. “Just found this great picture on the last page of my grandparents’ wedding album.”
Do you have any ancient heirlooms you’re proud of? What’s your favorite pic of an ancestor of yours? Your stories and photos deserve their time in the spotlight, so share them with us in the comments!