15+ Times When Nature Felt Like Playing the Genetic Lottery
We all have incredibly similar genomes. Therefore, even minor changes in our DNA can lead to the development of amazing abilities in our bodies. Or we may end up with extremely specific features and traits that many consider cool to have.
We at Bright Side have found some living examples that prove nature also likes to roll the dice at times.
1. “I have 2 uvulas.” (This condition is called “bifid uvula.”)
2. “Ashton Kutcher displays his webbed toes.”
3. “I have a deviated septum that I’ve had since birth. It’s made portrait studies and mask-wearing very fun.”
4. “This cat has extra toes.”
5. “My fingers can bend way back.”
6. “The way my son’s pupil formed”
7. “This horse has a mustache.”
8. “I was born with blue eyes, but they changed into 3 colors as I aged.”
9. “I can fold my tongue inward to create this cool star/diamond shape.”
10. “My left and right ears are different shapes; I can only fit earbuds in my left ear.”
11. “My dog has a natural zig-zag on his tail.”
12. “Most of my eyelashes on my left eye turned white over the course of the past month or so, and I think it’s pretty cool.”
13. “It’s my first time growing a beard and apparently I have a whirlpool cowlick.”
14. This beauty with a down arrow
15. “A girl I knew online years ago was born with her tongue slightly connected to her mouth.”
16. “My dog was born with a natural nose piercing.”
If you were able to change anything about your body, what would it be? Please share your thoughts and secret wishes in the comments below.