26 Photos Proving That Happiness Is Not About iPhones
Some people are chasing their future so fast that they stop noticing how great their lives today actually are. And truly happy people don’t need to chase anything: they are happy to have a comfortable bed, a loyal friend who is always there for them, a present from their grandmother, and for every small achievement on their life path.
These people are more effective than any coach at teaching us to be happy right here and right now and we at Bright Side were inspired by their ability to be happy no matter what.
1. His person just got home after a few months of work. That’s the look of pure happiness.
2. Soap bubbles are absolutely necessary for a happy childhood.
3. These 4 guys agree.
4. “My son has struggled with autism, Tourette’s, agoraphobia, severe anxiety, and OCD. He found solace in writing and just published his book on Amazon! Here he is giving a copy to one of his teachers that helped him along the way.”
5. “The photo my sister sent me of her dog and the new puppy they just got”
6. “My mom made my girls one Pom-Pom rug each. They took 80 hours, 320 Pom-Poms, and she let them choose their favorite colors. Just missed Christmas, but they are ecstatic nevertheless.”
7. “After years of sleeping on the floor and then on an air mattress, I finally own a bed!!! ”
8. I call this one “Pure Happiness.”
9. “My niece has always loved pumpkins. Today, we took her to a pumpkin farm for the first time...”
10. “10 months ago I decided to start learning to love myself. I moved states, got a new job, and have surrounded myself with amazing friends (some new & old). This photo has captured exactly how I feel... Pure happiness! I am so proud”
11. “My wife captured a moment between my daughter and I on the train while she was ‘booping’ my nose with hers. Pure happiness.”
12. “Makes me weak in the knees to see the happiness in my 8-year-old yellow Lab’s eyes, as well as the happiness in the eyes of my 81-year-old Mom.”
13. He is genuinely happy.
14. When your friend is with you and you’re happy:
15. Weee... that was fun.
16. With age, people are more likely to find harmony with themselves and with the world.
17. “My boyfriend got me a lemur experience for my birthday!”
18. Snow. This is all these guys need to be happy.
19. There is no such thing as pure happiness... Or is there?
20. “My mother had wanted a miniature poodle for over 30 years. This is the day Zoe came home.”
21. “My dad got married this past weekend after being single for 13 years and raising 3 girls alone. This is what happiness looks like.”
22. “Here’s another shot of my 101-year-old grandfather with our new puppy! This is pure joy if I’ve ever seen it!”
23. “Me and my girlfriend were in a car accident in which her arm had to be amputated. A week later we adopted Lola, I don’t know who’s happier... I’m going with Lola.”
24. “After an 8 month apprenticeship, and numerous clean downs and set ups, this is me doing my first tattoo on some fake skin. It is what it is but I couldn’t be happier. I earned this.”
25. “My parents split up when I was a baby. Even though they didn’t get along, they maintained a healthy relationship so they could equally raise me. This is our first picture together in a decade. I’m thankful to be proof that parents who are separated can still work together.”
26. Happiness is a state of mind.
Which of these photos seems the most uplifting to you?