13 Times Actor Siblings Shared a Role on Screen and It Was Too Hard to Notice
There are various reasons why a director may opt to clone an actor, such as having a stand-in when the actor falls ill or needing to depict multiple versions of a character in a single shot. While CGI can be used, it can also be simpler to use the actor’s sibling, who often bears a striking resemblance. This has happened in many movies and TV shows, and below we put together a list of some popular sibling pairs we had no clue they acted together on screen.
1. Penélope Cruz’s younger sister, Mónica, was her body double in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Penélope Cruz was pregnant during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. so her younger sister Mónica Cruz was hired as a body double for the action scenes. The 2 siblings are so alike that viewers might not be able to distinguish between them.
2. Chris Hemsworth isn’t the only Hemsworth who played Thor.
The Hemsworth brothers are all actors, with Chris being the most famous for his role as Thor in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Liam was originally auditioning for the role, while Luke had a cameo as Thor in Thor: Ragnarok.
3. Rami Malek’s twin brother, Sami, got to star alongside him in the movie, Buster’s Mal Heart.
Rami Malek, known for his role in Bohemian Rhapsody, has a twin brother named Sami Malek. The two are often mistaken for each other due to their close resemblance. In the film Buster’s Mal Heart, Sami even served as Rami’s body double in the beginning of the movie. The brothers are so alike that Rami has jokingly commented that even their parents often have difficulty telling them apart.
4. Jason London had to take over his brother’s role in I’ll Fly Away for the series finale.
I’ll Fly Away was a TV show in which Jeremy London played the role of Nathan Bedford. However, for the series conclusion, which was a 90-minute movie, the character was portrayed by Jeremy’s twin brother, Jason London, instead.
5. Elle played the younger version of her sister Dakota’s character in I Am Sam.
The Fanning sisters both started acting at a young age. Dakota was cast as the lead in I Am Sam in 2001 and Elle played her character in flashbacks.
6. Laverne Cox’s character from Orange Is the New Black was also played by her twin brother.
Laverne Cox is a transgender actress best known for her role as Sophia in the Netflix series Orange is the New Black. In a flashback scene, the character Sophia was shown prior to her transition. Laverne’s twin brother, M. Lamar, was then cast to play Sophia in the flashback after the director learned of his existence.
7. Sarah Connor was played by Linda Hamilton’s sister in one scene in Terminator 2: Judgement Day.
In Terminator 2: Judgment Day, a scene features two versions of Sarah Connor. One is the main character played by Linda Hamilton, while the other is an imposter disguised as her, portrayed by Linda’s twin sister, Leslie Hamilton.
8. The role of Alba DeTamble from the movie, The Time Traveler’s Wife, was played by sisters.
In the movie The Time Traveler’s Wife, the character Alba is shown in both present-day and a flashback. The younger Alba in the flashback was played by Tatum McCann, the younger sister of actress Hailey McCann who portrayed the present-day version of the character.
9. Xander from Buffy The Vampire Slayer was also played by Nicholas Brendon’s twin brother in season 3.
In the third season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, a new version of the main character, Xander, was introduced, played by actor Nicholas Brendon’s twin brother, Kelly Donovan. Kelly also filled in for his brother in one episode of season five.
10. Cole and Dylan Sprouse shared the role of Julian in Big Daddy.
In the 1999 comedy movie Big Daddy, Adam Sandler played a character who adopts a child to impress his girlfriend. The role of the child was portrayed by twins Cole and Dylan Sprouse. Twenty years after the film’s release, Sandler reflected on working with the twins and expressed his surprise at how attractive they have become.
11. Jill Hennessy’s sister played her role on Law & Order when she was too busy.
Jill Hennessy portrayed the character of Assistant District Attorney Claire Kincaid in seasons 4-6 of the TV show Law & Order. However, due to scheduling conflicts with another project, she was unable to participate in the filming of one episode. Her twin sister, Jacqueline Hennessy, stepped in and portrayed the character in her place.
12. Khadijah and Malika Haqq played the same character in their debut film, Sky High.
The role of Penny, who had the ability to create duplicates of herself in the 2005 Disney film Sky High, was portrayed by twin sisters Khadijah and Malika Haqq. Despite not initially seeking out twins for the role, the director made a wise decision in casting the sisters. The Haqq twins recall their audition, where they noticed other single actors waiting, but felt lucky to have been selected for the part.
13. Twins Ryder and Evan Londo played the same characters on Sons of Anarchy and Mad Men.
The pair of twins in question is played by actors, Charlie and Max Carver. They were cast as Abel Teller in Sons of Anarchy and Gene in Mad Men at the same time, showcasing their talent and versatility in different characters and genres.
Were you surprised to find out that these actors had twins or siblings who could also act?