What TV Couples We Used to Go Crazy About Back in the Day Look Like Now
Scenes featuring dashing duos and conspicuous couples are what make our screen time memorable. Who could forget Chandler’s proposal to Monica, or the moment where Maverick Mitchell began singing at a bar in the hopes of winning over Charlie Blackwood! Here are some of television’s most memorable couples from the 1980s through the 2000s that still shake our world.
We at Bright Side put together a look book of some of these nostalgic on-screen couples who made us smile, laugh, and cry with their brilliant chemistry.
1. Tom Cruise and Kelly McGillis (Pete Mitchell and Charlie Blackwood, Top Gun)
2. Courteney Cox and Matthew Perry (Chandler Bing and Monica Geller, Friends)
3. Michelle Pfeiffer and Mel Gibson (Jo Ann Vallenari and Dale “Mac” McKussic, Tequila Sunrise)
4. Michael Douglas and Sharon Stone (Detective Nick Curran and Catherine Tramell, Basic Instinct)
5. Charlie Sheen and Valeria Golino (Topper Harley and Ramada Thompson, Hot Shots)
6. Linda Kozlowski and Paul Hogan (Sue Charlton and Michael Dundee, Crocodile Dundee)
7. David Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson (Mitch Buchannon and C.J. Parker, Baywatch)
8. John Stamos and Lori Loughlin (Jesse and Becky, Full House)
9. Ted Danson and Shelley Long (Sam Malon and Diane Chambers, Cheers)
10. Clint Eastwood and Meryl Streep (Robert Kincaid and Francesca Johnson, The Bridges of Madison County)
11. Hugh Grant and Andie MacDowell (Charles and Carrie, Four Weddings and a Funeral)
12. Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny (Dana Scully and Fox Mulder, The X-Files)
13. Catherina Zeta-Jones and Antonio Banderas (Elena Montero and Alejandro Murrieta, The Mask of Zorro and other Zorro films)
14. Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire (Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker, Spider-Man 2)
15. Tom Hanks and Robin Wright (Forrest Gump and Jenny Curran, Forrest Gump)
16. Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman (Anakin Skywalker and Padmé Amidala, Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones)
17. Harrison Ford and Karen Allen (Indiana Jones and Marion Ravenwood, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark)
18. Diane Keaton and Woody Allen (Annie Hall and Alvy Singer, Annie Hall)
19. Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, Twilight and other films from the franchise)
20. Brad Pitt and Julia Ormond (Tristan Ludlow and Susannah Fincannon-Ludlow, Legends of the Fall)
Which of these famous duos is your favorite? Who do you think changed the most?